Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help me stay accountable
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 6:12 pm
I want to join!
I need to lose 10 lbs.

Today:
Bowl of cereal and milk
1 1/2 slice of pizza
Brocolli and cheese and cucumber salad

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 6:56 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Just want to say that it’s worth weighing yourself, taking pictures and measurements before you start.

I did end up weighing myself and it was pretty bad 🙈
My new goal is to lose 20lbs 😂

BH I’m down 2lb already! I have been avoiding white carbs and sugar (yes fruit though), but not worrying about fats or portion size at this point. My thought process is that as my body gets used to eating healthier and less, it will be easier to cut down on amounts.

Taking measurements scares me a bit but I feel like it’s a good idea. Aside from my midsection, is there anywhere else you would recommend measuring?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 7:32 pm
Hi! I’ll be joining as well. I have to lose 45 lbs. today was ok until right before supper and I ate 2 bakery cookies. They must be a billion calories. Gonna be working out soon! Currently at 175. Goal weight 130 (get back to pre back to back baby weight) I CAN do this. WE CAN do this!!

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 7:46 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Hi! I’ll be joining as well. I have to lose 45 lbs. today was ok until right before supper and I ate 2 bakery cookies. They must be a billion calories. Gonna be working out soon! Currently at 175. Goal weight 130 (get back to pre back to back baby weight) I CAN do this. WE CAN do this!!

Omg!!! This is my exact weight now after baby and the goal is the same as urs !

I tried all kinds of dieting and it’s so tough bc I think my body is holding on to all food bc I did yo-yo back and forth Sad

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 7:59 pm
Thanks everyone for this thread. It definitely helped get me on track today!
I had a latte for breakfast, egg white omelette with veggies and cheese for lunch and a huge salad with veggies and proteins for dinner. Everything was delicious and low in carbs Smile

sari00

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 8:12 pm
I'm joining too! Same 30 lbs... hopefully getting back to exercise and eating healthier... shabbos and motzei shabbos are so hard to stay on track

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 9:11 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:

I'm the exact same! I'll be happy with 135-140 pounds though. I don't think I could realistically stay at 130

mamabird73

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 10:24 pm
I love this idea! I'm trying to lose 20 lbs. Started to change my diet and added regular exercise two months ago. So far, I'm down 10 lbs as of today!!! I've been avoiding processed carbs and sugar and trying to eat 3/4 veggies to 1/4 protein per meal. My main problem time is night time snacking. At least tonight it was frozen grapes and not candy 🙄. We got this ladies!!

mra01385

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 10:44 pm
To mamabird, what kind of exercise do you do and how often do you do it?

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 10:49 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Ok I want to join. Been totally overeating lately too. I want to lose 10 lbs.

This shabbos I plan to eat on piece challah per meal. One piece of cake max shabbos morning. One portion of rice, and potatoes. One portion cholent. As much chicken and veg as I want. No dessert, apple kugel, potato kugel.

I know it sounds like alot of food but I've been way overdoing it so this is improvement. See how this goes.

Eta: I weighed myself. 140.6 lbs that's about 4 lb gain in 3 weeks:( my goal is 130 lbs.

I did not do well this shabbos. Lots of challah and noshing:( why can't I stick to anything???? Can't Believe It

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 10:50 pm
I'll join with 25 to lose, most I've ever had at any point in my life. I am 2 months postpartum and with my previous babies the weight just came off, more slowly with each subsequent baby but eventually it happened with only a tiny bit of effort on my part. After this baby I weighed the same at 6 weeks like I did at 1 week PP, just 10 pounds less than before I delivered.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 10:58 pm
Joining as well. Ive lost 45 so far, got another 75 pounds to go! 🙈 (COVID19+baby)

faigie

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 7:08 am
People, what do you do when ur dh pushes nosh on u all the time, and keeps bringing it into the house??

Last edited by faigie on Mon, Feb 15 2021, 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 7:20 am
Shabbos I eat normally or I know I'll resent this healthy lifestyle.

I exercise minimum twice a week in addition to 20-30 mins walking daily.

Shabbos I eat challa and cake. And some nosh too 🙈

I feel like I can still lose weight if I watch myself 6 days a week.

Who is with me ?

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 7:52 am
I’m joining too! 5”4 135 lb. would love to lose 10 but if I can do 15 that’s ideal for my build. Dh is 6”2 and weighs the same much as me. To whoever said about their husband brining junk into the house, I soooo relate!
My plan is, having what I need in the house to succeed with minimal prep. Yesterday I made a big pot of veg soup. I had tuna and an 100 cal bagel for breakfast, a fruit and 2 bowls of soup for lunch and went out to eat for dinner, had a salad but it wasn’t a super healthy one.. bh I lost 2 lbs. also PMSing so hoping to drop at least 5 lbs by the end of the week. Thanks for the thread ..

mamabird73

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 4:37 pm
mra01385 wrote:
To mamabird, what kind of exercise do you do and how often do you do it?

I do a different type of exercise every day, but I plan out what I'm doing on Sunday for the week. This week is Zumba toning, pilates, kickboxing, stationary bike, barre and power walking. I use videos from YouTube and occasionally recorded classes from instructors.

I have a WhatsApp group for exercise accountability and encouragement to help me stay on track. You can pm me if you would be interested in joining.

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 8:29 am
I lost 5 lbs!!!! Bh! Bh! Bh! Hashem is good. Very grateful

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 8:30 am
Wow amazing! I’m going to weigh myself today. I slacked off a bit so I’m not expecting much.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 9:13 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I lost 5 lbs!!!! Bh! Bh! Bh! Hashem is good. Very grateful

Me too! Bh
15 more to go

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 9:25 am
What bagel is only 100 calories and is it good? Would love to try thanks
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise