Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Hotel care package for chassan kallah
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 6:30 pm
What are some things you would put into a hotel care package for chassan kallah the week of sheva brachos?

Snacks
Water bottles
Small Cereal boxes
Toothbrushes and toothpaste?

MiriFr

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 6:35 pm
Mouthwash
Instant coffee packets/tea bags/hot cocoa
A matchbox with a wedding pic on it that says “A Perfect Match”

Mazel Tov!

Orchid

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 6:36 pm
I guess I don't get the whole concept, but are you the mother of the chosson or kallah and setting this up for them? I think it's awkward. My mother or brand new MIL do not need to pack my toiletries. It's not like having a basket in the ladies' room of the wedding with some essentials in case a guest needs a safety pin or has an emergency sanitary supply need. The couple is packing their stuff (clothing, toiletries, food) to this hotel and it seems weird to pack stuff for them. But maybe I don't understand what your role is altogether.

challahchallah

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 6:44 pm
A deck of cards or other small game.
A ring dish.
Nice hand cream (why are hotels always so dry?)
Safety pins / fashion tape
One of those cute “minimergency” kits

Last edited by challahchallah on Wed, Feb 10 2021, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 6:46 pm
Orchid wrote:
I guess I don't get the whole concept, but are you the mother of the chosson or kallah and setting this up for them? I think it's awkward. My mother or brand new MIL do not need to pack my toiletries. It's not like having a basket in the ladies' room of the wedding with some essentials in case a guest needs a safety pin or has an emergency sanitary supply need. The couple is packing their stuff (clothing, toiletries, food) to this hotel and it seems weird to pack stuff for them. But maybe I don't understand what your role is altogether.

It's not just toiletries and it's not weird. I think it's a very nice thing to do. Snacks, drinks, maybe a siddur, coffee...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 6:57 pm
Orchid wrote:

I’m the mother of the chassan. We’re OOT and hosting shabbos sheva brachos.

I just want them to feel comfortable and taken care of.

Keep in mind chassan kallah aren’t supposed to be running to the drug store themselves if they need something. And I don’t expect them to remember to pack every detail of what they might need during sheva brachos.

I know I always forget toothbrushes when we travel and hotels don’t provide generally.

Great ideas ladies! Thanks!

real

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 7:04 pm
I agree I find this very weird. If I was the kallah I would be grossed out if my parents or In laws gave me this. A hotel is a private personal place.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 7:05 pm
real wrote:
I agree I find this very weird. If I was the kallah I would be grossed out if my parents or In laws gave me this. A hotel is a private personal place.

I’m not getting the grossed out part.

Explain?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 7:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m the mother of the chassan. We’re OOT and hosting shabbos sheva brachos.

I just want them to feel comfortable and taken care of.

Keep in mind chassan kallah aren’t supposed to be running to the drug store themselves if they need something. And I don’t expect them to remember to pack every detail of what they might need during sheva brachos.

I know I always forget toothbrushes when we travel and hotels don’t provide generally.

Great ideas ladies! Thanks!

You just reminded me: we definitely went to the drugstore during Sheba brachos. We needed lube! (Though that specific need aside I never knew that a couple shouldn’t go to a drugstore or something during Sheva brachos. I mean, it’s nice to be treated like a royal couple but it’s not a Halacha (like the week of shiva, is it?) that said, at my shabbos Sheva brachos in a hotel my parents gave us the same bag that all
The guests got (10 years ago BH so I don’t remember but likely water and chocolate, a schedule of the weekend.)

shanarishona

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 7:10 pm
A Jewish magazine or two to read?

Cookin4days

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 7:13 pm
Makeup removing wipes !!!! And shampoo, hotel shampoo is the worst

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 7:14 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
You just reminded me: we definitely went to the drugstore during Sheba brachos. We needed lube! (Though that specific need aside I never knew that a couple shouldn’t go to a drugstore or something during Sheva brachos. I mean, it’s nice to be treated like a royal couple but it’s not a Halacha (like the week of shiva, is it?) that said, at my shabbos Sheva brachos in a hotel my parents gave us the same bag that all
The guests got (10 years ago BH so I don’t remember but likely water and chocolate, a schedule of the weekend.)

Maybe it’s minhag?

During sheva brachos you don’t go out without a shomer (which autocorrects to shower 😂 😂 😂)

That’s what we keep. I don’t know what anyone else does.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 7:17 pm
I think the thing people find weird is toiletries, but to each their own.
Right after I got married we were in a hotel for a couple of days until we flew to my town for the rest of Sheva Brachi’s and my in laws had packed us soooo much food! I felt taken care of honestly. There were things like rugelach and things like fruit and regular snacks etc
The one thing I needed was nausea medicine bc I woke up the morning after so nauseous from pushing myself like crazy dancing all night but that DH just got from the hotel store

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 7:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Maybe it’s minhag?

During sheva brachos you don’t go out without a shomer (which autocorrects to shower 😂 😂 😂)

That’s what we keep. I don’t know what anyone else does.

Sorry I’m not familiar with the shomer thing. I hope you get more helpful responses than mine

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 7:24 pm
They’re staying at a hotel and not with you?

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 7:25 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

Surprised that would be way worse!

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 7:27 pm
I have very strong sensitivities around parents overstepping their boundaries and I think this is a totally sweet and normal thing to do, as long as there’s nothing s-xual included. Wink I agree with a game or magazine or something and some food and drinks. I think shampoo, mouthwash, or other possibly forgotten toiletries are fine too. Mazal tov!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 7:27 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

I just want them to have privacy.

We have a houseful of curious little kids.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 7:38 pm
Huh. We stayed with either my parents or in laws through all of shecva brachos. But there wasn't an easily walkable hotel, and definitely not one without Shabbos shailos. OP, you're blessed to have a workable one.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 7:42 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Huh. We stayed with either my parents or in laws through all of shecva brachos. But there wasn't an easily walkable hotel, and definitely not one without Shabbos shailos. OP, you're blessed to have a workable one.

The hotel is a 20 min walk. I know there are problems with hotel swipe cards but I’m told ppl leave it with the front desk.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics