Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Ot agency that takes jerseycare insurance

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 10:17 am
Hi. I paid for an ot eval and they claim he really needs it twice a week. It’s a fortune and they don’t take jersecare. Does anyone know a good agency who does?

Thanks!

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 11:35 am
My son is going to upwards therapy it’s on park. They take amerigroup

amother
Green

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 3:18 pm
the therapy place in Westgate takes aetna better health. they give you a COTA though.

Children's Specialized in toms river has a beautiful OT gym and takes all Jersey care as far as I know.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 5:00 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Children's Specialized in toms river has a beautiful OT gym and takes all Jersey care as far as I know.
Yes they do, but their waiting list can be nuts

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 10:39 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Yes they do, but their waiting list can be nuts

I think that due to corona there is no waiting list

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 9:34 pm
anyone have phone numbers and/or addresses. Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:19 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
the therapy place in Westgate takes aetna better health. they give you a COTA though.

Do you have the number for children’s specialized? It’s not coming up on google. Thanks!

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you have the number for children’s specialized? It’s not coming up on google. Thanks!

https://I.imgur.com/KLBkDn0.jpg

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 4:39 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:

I just want to make a statement. I work as a COTA in one of the most expensive and top agencies in Lakewood. I have received extensive training and have taken multiple courses. I am
much more knowledgeable than some of the OTs in my agency. In this field it's all about experience and knowledge. The amount of years I was able to afford to go to college has no impact on my results and expertise.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:40 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
I just want to make a statement. I work as a COTA in one of the most expensive and top agencies in Lakewood. I have received extensive training and have taken multiple courses. I am
much more knowledgeable than some of the OTs in my agency. In this field it's all about experience and knowledge. The amount of years I was able to afford to go to college has no impact on my results and expertise.
Having gone to a frum agency while on jerseycare, I know they give you someone inexperienced to work with. I think the therapist we saw was actually an ot. She didn’t help my kid. All that time and effort wasted.
So you’re right, it’s not the fact that it’s a cota, it’s that most likely they’re using your kid as their guinea pig. I wish I had back the time I spent on the frum agency’s ot. Children’s specialized has funding from other places and so they’re able to give quality therapy to those of us with Jersey care.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:49 pm
Fyi children's specialized has 2 locations in toms river- stevens rd and lakehurst rd

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 4:13 pm
amother Crimson wrote:
Having gone to a frum agency while on jerseycare, I know they give you someone inexperienced to work with. I think the therapist we saw was actually an ot. She didn’t help my kid. All that time and effort wasted.
So you’re right, it’s not the fact that it’s a cota, it’s that most likely they’re using your kid as their guinea pig. I wish I had back the time I spent on the frum agency’s ot. Children’s specialized has funding from other places and so they’re able to give quality therapy to those of us with Jersey care.

That’s not entirely accurate. Experience isn’t everything. I’m a pediatric OT with years of clinical experience as a professional and with years of personal experience as a parent of children who’ve had therapy at children’s specialized and frum agencies.

Unfortunately, when it comes to children’s specialized there are definitely a few lemons there. At children’s specialized, my child had an PT who was literally fresh out of grad school and completely clueless when it came to dealing with kids (to the point where the supervisor needed to intervene). Ironically, she even managed to do a better job than the decade+ experienced OT we also had at children’s specialized 😆

The children’s specialized OT that we had was very passive, complacent, sloppy, and did absolutely nothing for my child. I would spend the sessions silently cringing because I knew the quality was poor
(e.g. developmentally inappropriate activities, killing time by spending most of the session doing endless repetitions on the same ol’ obstacle course that was intended for older children, forcing my sensory defensive kid to be in a busy, noisy gym when there were multiple quieter rooms available then reprimanding my kid for becoming overstimulated & dysregulated, & there was more, I could on…but had to ride out the 12 week period 🙄).

Whereas the more recent COTA and SLP from a frum agency were excellent and my children made so much progress!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries