Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Would u give shaloch manos to....

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 2:05 pm
Your real estate agent and mortgage broker if you are under contract to buy a new house?
Tia

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 2:32 pm
No

mommy2x

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 9:37 am
We were under contract last purim and did not give, but it depends on your relationship. If she/he is practically a friend then why not. If you have a business relationship then no need but you can if you want. If you give it will be appreciated but it's not necessary in my opinion.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 11:18 am
No. They should probably get you something (if anything). We get stuff from companies we do business with. but we're the ones giving them business. I dont give them back.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 1:14 pm
Probably not. Usually businesses send MM to clients as a form of advertising to encourage them to continue doing business. However, there's no law against sending MM to your agent if you have a closer personal relationship.

agreer

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 1:32 pm
No way! They're making THOUSANDS of dollars off of you! They should be giving you.

Unless they did you a big chessed in getting you a house/mortgage you couldn't have gotten. Then maybe (they're still making money). But under normal circumstances? No way.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 1:01 pm
I agree with the above.

Just for a business relationship - no.

I only gave MM to my realtor because his family had me over for Shabbos often, I saw them at shul every week, and we got along really well as friends.

amother
White

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 2:27 pm
No you give to friends Can't Believe It

lucky14

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 9:24 pm
No.

dankbar

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 10:20 pm
If you are investor or multiple property owner & you want broker to sell your properties then maybe

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 10:26 pm
When my husband was the buyer in a supermarket, the food & paper companies used to send us fancy mm.

My son is site manager for flooring company.. The wood companies give him gifts & take him out for lunch so that he buys the wood from them
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics