Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Husband looking for a job

amother

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 12:37 am
DH has a job for now...but it is temporary, and honestly he didnt spend all of his time getting a PHD to teach in high school. Each time he gets an offer we check out the Jewish resourses in the area - every single time so far there has been nothing Jewish within a 2 hour drive! Its getting exasperating and I try so hard to be supportive, but sometimes I just want to yell WHY CANT YOU GET A NORMAL JOB IN A NORMAL PLACE???? Its not like I am not willing to relocate, but we need a mikva, frum schools, etc. AARRGGHH

Tamiri

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 12:49 am
We once took a job in a place which had the things you described, and it was a disaster. Check out everything carefully before you relocate. Talk to the people.
Did he every think of relo to Israel? No prob with Jews here!

amother

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 6:06 am
What does your dh have a phd in? maybe he can go into the private sphere?
My dh is getting his phd (anon because people on here will know me) and I would like him to go into the private sphere because they make more money.

Maybe someone here can help you will that.

morahaviva

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 3:27 pm
OP here- he wants to go into the private or government sphere - anything but academia... when we were in Israel this summer he talked to a few ppl but many still feel that those with their PHDs from Israeli universities get first dibs. We actually met and married in Israel, and came here for him to finish his studies. His specialty really interests the army/navy/air force here, but unfortunately most of these jobs are on bases far from any jewish communities.

morahaviva

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 3:27 pm
OOPS _ I guess I forgot to be anon this time. Oh well Tongue Out

GetReal

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 3:55 pm
You can delete your posts and repost as amother if you want.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 5:16 pm
Go live in Silver Spring Maryland!!! Lots of yeshivas/day schools resturants and shuls and it's by the gov't, nih, virginia, etc. That's where I would live if I were you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating