Home

What does this mean on an AB test (Israel)

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 8:51 am
שלילי לצורך הגדרת מחלים is listed Ab results.

Numbers for igg were 72 and results say positive. This is post first vaccine. Never been sick.

Dr reviewing Sunday to see if need to quarantine post exposure.

So inside till then but kind of curious.
Back to top

Elfrida




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 8:56 am
It means that there is a low level of antibodies, but not enough for them to consider you safe from infection.

The first vaccine does not give an exemption from bidud. That is only a week after the second vaccine.

People who have done the vaccine are not meant to be doing antibody tests anyway. I didn't read the full email we got about it, but some of the proteins used in the vaccine mess up antibody test kits, so the results aren't accurate anyway.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 8:59 am
Thank you. That was very helpful.

DD is Sem.

First round of COVID going through the dorms. They pushed girls to get the tests done to see if it will limit their need to quarantine.

Sounds like she'll be disappointed but I'm not going to tell her that before shabbos.

Thanks again.
Back to top

Elfrida




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 9:05 am
They shouldn't have pushed for the tests. If they've done the first round of the chisun, none if them are going to be accurate.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 9:07 am
The school is handling this well but I do think they are in a bit of panic.

Her second vaccine is next week so it sounds like she won't be able to get that on time. I'm sad about that.
Back to top

Elfrida




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 9:09 am
No, you're not allowed to break bidud for a vaccine. If she ends up.testing positive, she won't need (or be allowed to have) the second dose.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 9:10 am
and thank you so much for taking the time to respond to a nervous mom. I truly appreciate it.
Back to top

amother




Crimson
 

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 9:13 am
Anyone know where near Tzefat area someone can get tested for antibodies? Someone who's in a Seminary in that area wants to get tested for antibodies but the local clalit doesn't want to test. They are willing to pay if needed.
Back to top

Elfrida




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 9:17 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Anyone know where near Tzefat area someone can get tested for antibodies? Someone who's in a Seminary in that area wants to get tested for antibodies but the local clalit doesn't want to test. They are willing to pay if needed.


What health insurance does she have?

Clallit will only do it if she is insured by them.
Back to top

Elfrida




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 9:28 am
Actually, clalit (and any kuppah) can only authorize an antibody test if certain conditions are met - extended exposure to someone who tested positive at least thirty days ago is the main one. It's an expensive test, and the government only covers it if there is a reasonable risk.
Back to top

amother




Crimson
 

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 9:45 am
Elfrida wrote:
Actually, clalit (and any kuppah) can only authorize an antibody test if certain conditions are met - extended exposure to someone who tested positive at least thirty days ago is the main one. It's an expensive test, and the government only covers it if there is a reasonable risk.


That's part of the issue. The seminary encouraged them to take the test but it was earlier than 30 days and she came back with low antibodies and now she wants to take a second one to see if it went higher and she's eligible for ishur and Dr said he won't do it. So she's willing to pay to see as many other girls were higher when they took it a little later than her just due to appointment availability.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 7:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
and thank you so much for taking the time to respond to a nervous mom. I truly appreciate it.


So I’ve another question. Of course you were right which I figured. I’m so annoyed at the school fir getting their hopes up.

Anyway, DD is supposed to get second vaccine on Thursday. One administrator said of course you’ll go if you are negative in the next text. The other said no, she can’t break quarantine (will be day 8).

Makes sense but since the messaging is mixed up, which is right before I push back.
Back to top

Elfrida




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 7:49 am
You are not allowed to break bidud for a vaccine. In the case of someone in bidud, their second vaccine is reserved for up to fourteen days.

Assuming she has two negative tests, ten full days of bidud are required before she can leave the house for any reason. This is assuming the seminary is fully separating everyone. The ten days is since their last contact with someone who was positive.

For a number of reasons, we don't want to vaccinate someone who may already be incubating Corona.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 7:53 am
Elfrida wrote:
You are not allowed to break bidud for a vaccine. In the case of someone in bidud, their second vaccine is reserved for up to fourteen days.

For a number of reasons, we don't want to vaccinate someone who may already be incubating Corona.


Thank you for the confirmation. At least I know she’s getting the right answer now.

Should she call to cancel her appointment?

The school said she has up to 35 days to get the second vaccine. What if she’s still in bidud on day 35.

And thank you taking the time to answer my questions.
Back to top

Elfrida




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 8:06 am
Ideally the seminary should be cancelling the appointments. If not, then she should.

(If she doesn't manage it, it isn't the end of the world. Most days only a proportion of people on the lists actually turn up, and we fill their places with people who turn up without an appointment. But if she does cancel it, it will make it easier for her to rebook when she is allowed to go.)

The only way she could still be in bidud on day 35 is if she is repeatedly exposed. Unfortunately, in a seminary dorm, however careful they are, it is impossible to eliminate the risk of repeated exposures without locking everyone into an individual room - which I'm sure they are not doing. They should impose a very strict capsule system for the next few weeks to limit the risks.

As long as she is registered as being in bidud, there should not be a problem in having her second dose reserved for a longer period. At the moment we have no shortage of vaccines, so she should be able to get the second dose without a problem as soon as she is out of bidud.

(By the way, I'm a nurse in kupat Cholim, spending a few days every week giving vaccines, so I'm familiar with both the rules and how things actually work out.)
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 8:18 am
Elfrida wrote:
Ideally the seminary should be cancelling the appointments. If not, then she should.

(If she doesn't manage it, it isn't the end of the world. Most days only a proportion of people on the lists actually turn up, and we fill their places with people who turn up without an appointment. But if she does cancel it, it will make it easier for her to rebook when she is allowed to go.)

The only way she could still be in bidud on day 35 is if she is repeatedly exposed. Unfortunately, in a seminary dorm, however careful they are, it is impossible to eliminate the risk of repeated exposures without locking everyone into an individual room - which I'm sure they are not doing. They should impose a very strict capsule system for the next few weeks to limit the risks.

As long as she is registered as being in bidud, there should not be a problem in having her second dose reserved for a longer period. At the moment we have no shortage of vaccines, so she should be able to get the second dose without a problem as soon as she is out of bidud.

(By the way, I'm a nurse in kupat Cholim, spending a few days every week giving vaccines, so I'm familiar with both the rules and how things actually work out.)


I figured. Which is why I keep coming back with questions. Thank you again.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Does Amazon ship to Israel?
by amother
2 Today at 4:00 am View last post
What’s the best way to give my son money in Israel?
by amother
14 Yesterday at 11:55 pm View last post
Keurig in israel
by frumama
4 Fri, Apr 09 2021, 8:19 am View last post
[ Poll ] Boys schools in Israel (RBS) for American Chareidim 7 Thu, Apr 08 2021, 6:15 pm View last post
Does this chinuch exsist in israel
by amother
27 Thu, Apr 08 2021, 1:54 pm View last post