Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Help me feed my baby- allergies

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 3:39 pm
So I just got the official list of foods my baby is allergic to.
She is 1 year old and doesnt like most foods. She refused to even try...she hates baby jars.
She eats oatmeal and cholent. Sometimes crackers. But I need ideas of foods she can eat.
She is allergic to peanuts, milk, eggs, fish and sesame.
Thanks in advance!

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 3:47 pm
Chicken and carrots from chicken soup?

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 4:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I just got the official list of foods my baby is allergic to.
She is 1 year old and doesnt like most foods. She refused to even try...she hates baby jars.
She eats oatmeal and cholent. Sometimes crackers. But I need ideas of foods she can eat.
She is allergic to peanuts, milk, eggs, fish and sesame.
Thanks in advance!

Most breads and bagels are egg free. There are lots of egg free challah recipes as well.
Same with cakes, cookies, muffins - there are so many egg free recipes out there.
You mention peanuts - can she have tree nuts? You can try different nut or seed butters.
My kid eats chicken for breakfast/lunch sometimes.

Look through old threads in the allergy forum, you might find some good ideas. Also, maybe post the types of food you think she would like and people can offer safe equivalents.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 4:32 pm
Avocado
Sweet potato
All types of veggies and fruit
Chicken soup
Rice cakes
Cream cheese
Cottage cheese

Motherhood

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 4:42 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Most breads and bagels are egg free. There are lots of egg free challah recipes as well.
Same with cakes, cookies, muffins - there are so many egg free recipes out there.
You mention peanuts - can she have tree nuts? You can try different nut or seed butters.
My kid eats chicken for breakfast/lunch sometimes.

Look through old threads in the allergy forum, you might find some good ideas. Also, maybe post the types of food you think she would like and people can offer safe equivalents.

Partially true. Bread is egg free, but bagels and challah are usually made with eggs.
Pasta is usually egg free.
French fries
chicken
Granola

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 5:04 pm
Motherhood wrote:
Partially true. Bread is egg free, but bagels and challah are usually made with eggs.
Pasta is usually egg free.
French fries
chicken
Granola

My baby is allergic to eggs. Please be careful what you say. A lot of pastas do have eggs in them. You have to check the packages and also they are made on eggy machinery so if a child is very sensitive it might be no good. Also bread has to be checked. I’ve bought whole wheat bread that has eggs in it.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 5:12 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
My baby is allergic to eggs. Please be careful what you say. A lot of pastas do have eggs in them. You have to check the packages and also they are made on eggy machinery so if a child is very sensitive it might be no good. Also bread has to be checked. I’ve bought whole wheat bread that has eggs in it.

Of course everything has to be checked. My child is allergic to almost everything. I check ingredients every time I buy something, even if I bought the same item a week ago. You can never know if ingredients changed. It's a parent's responsibility to check labels.
But she's right that many pastas do not contain eggs.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Feb 12 2021, 5:13 pm
Motherhood wrote:
Granola

Actually, according to my research bagels are usually egg free while rolls do have eggs. But everyone needs to check before they buy anything.
I've found granola that contained egg white.

Motherhood

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 6:58 pm
I guess I was talking from my experience with a child allergic to eggs. I never found pasta containing eggs or granola containing eggs. But as everyone else said, make sure to check ingredients.
The few items that did have eggs and was surprised by it was gedilla taffies and chocolates that have goo-ey inside. It’s the egg-whites that make it tangy and goo-ey

bbhem5

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 8:28 pm
You can use soy! It makes it SO much easier! (For a while we were off milk, eggs, all nuts, fish, wheat, and soy and it was not fun. Getting back the wheat and soy made the biggest difference.)

Cereal and soymilk
Eggless french toast sticks (I make it with soymilk)
Sunbutter is a great substitute for peanut butter - use on bread, rice cakes, crackers
Tofutti cream cheese,
Grilled cheese made with soy cheese (I think the smell is nasty but my dcs with milk allergies love it)
Avocado /guacamole
Tuna - mashed with a little oil or avocado
Pasta - many are fine.
Chummus, also plain chickpeas are a great protein finger-food
Potato, fries, sweet potato, banana, rice, all fruits and vegetables
I make fleishigs egg-free: chicken, shnitzel, meatballs, hamburgers
Soups - chicken, vegetable, split pea
I've made egg-free pancakes, latkes, and kugel but not often.

I bake egg-free challah, cake, and cookies. One dc was so sensitive to eggs that completely egg-free challah from a bakery that used eggs in other products - even with no contact and different equipment - could cause a dangerous reaction, so I started baking myself.

Like other posters noted, you need to get used to reading all food labels, but it soon becomes second nature, and you'll find that there are tons of foods that are okay.

jfk92

Post Sat, Feb 13 2021, 8:35 pm
My baby was dairy, egg, sweet potatoe, chicken, soy. I dont use any premade baby food so I made stuff in advanced for a day or two or just bigger batches.

Favorites were: meatballs, veggie burgers w chickpea (you can add the veg and seasoning your child likes - egg free breadcrumbs bind if you need), brown rice or quinoa pilaf w ground meat, or chicken, you can buy ground chicken dark meat and it will natrually stick together- season, and dip in breadcrumbs or just fry without- and my kid especially loved it when I formed it in shapes, vegan blueberry pancakes (superrr easy!! Rice milk and a touch of apple cider vinegar make itv puffy), he liked pita and avocado/hummus dip, most kids love pita maybe you would do it with dairy like cottage cheese or cream cheese. If you meant dairy and not milk, try making different spreads or jams. potatoe/sweet potatoe, parsip and carrot roasted w chicken. Vegetable soups. I can go on but it really depends on your child. If you say specific things that are disliked or for which meal you need help would be better.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 1:37 am
Thanks to all the special imas who replied. I really apprecoate it!
Part of the problem is that she refuses to even try most foods. I offer it and she just turns away her head or pushes away the spoon. If I put it on the tray, she just throws it on the floor.
I tried potatoes and pasta, split pea soup..she won't eat it. Nor will she eat cereal or any of the food jars.
Right now I literally feed her oatmeal 2 or three times a day. (I'm also nursing her several times a day.)
I will try to offer her some of these new foods. Hopefully she will try them..
Thanks again!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 1:38 am
jfk92 wrote:
My baby was dairy, egg, sweet potatoe, chicken, soy. I dont use any premade baby food so I made stuff in advanced for a day or two or just bigger batches.

Favorites were: meatballs, veggie burgers w chickpea (you can add the veg and seasoning your child likes - egg free breadcrumbs bind if you need), brown rice or quinoa pilaf w ground meat, or chicken, you can buy ground chicken dark meat and it will natrually stick together- season, and dip in breadcrumbs or just fry without- and my kid especially loved it when I formed it in shapes, vegan blueberry pancakes (superrr easy!! Rice milk and a touch of apple cider vinegar make itv puffy), he liked pita and avocado/hummus dip, most kids love pita maybe you would do it with dairy like cottage cheese or cream cheese. If you meant dairy and not milk, try making different spreads or jams. potatoe/sweet potatoe, parsip and carrot roasted w chicken. Vegetable soups. I can go on but it really depends on your child. If you say specific things that are disliked or for which meal you need help would be better.

She can't have any dairy at all. She has the worst reaction to that. But thanks for all the other ideas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics