Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Is dropping community externals considered lowering standard
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 10:52 am
My mother A"H used to say that she wished they made school uniforms out of denim.

I lived in denim as a teen. What more did I need for the summer, beyond a few teeshirts and my comfortable biz skirts? I wore them for all of high school. And anyone remember the denim skirts with the peplum around the waist? I loved mine. And denim dresses.....and shirts....

small bean

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 11:04 am
I think uniforms in denim is a great idea. They'd be so durable. I think I will petition for that.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 12:55 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Well see the overall difference of the images of these 2 communities.
There is an overall more modest look when dressing more refined.

I think the opposite- women dressed in 'fine european clothing' gives off a gashmiyus vibe.

Women dressed in denim (modest, not distressed or faded, no slit) looks like they are too busy doing avodas Hashem to worry too much about their appearance. They want clothing that can get through a busy day of watching their children, doing chessed, and keeping their home clean. It is easy to wash, because who has time for extra ironing?

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 2:12 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I think the opposite- women dressed in 'fine european clothing' gives off a gashmiyus vibe.

Women dressed in denim (modest, not distressed or faded, no slit) looks like they are too busy doing avodas Hashem to worry too much about their appearance. They want clothing that can get through a busy day of watching their children, doing chessed, and keeping their home clean. It is easy to wash, because who has time for extra ironing?

Or you are just wearing a nice denim skirt because you like the look. I wear a nice, just below knee length dark denim skirt when I go to work sometimes. With tights, nice boots, and a pretty sweater, I look professional for my place of work. Some of my non Jewish colleagues, do as well.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics