Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Looking for babysitter for 2 weeks in tri-state area
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:10 am
Dh and I really need a vacation and we have no family to leave dd with. She's still nursing but I can pump. Looking for a patient type of babysitter that's not too expensive. We can pay up to $120/night. If you know of someone please post.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:20 am
I may know someone. You can pm me. I think its great that you want to recharge and relax. Go for it! Everyone should learn from you.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:22 am
You would seriously leave a nursing child for a vacation with dh? Have you no maternal instincts in you at all? I’m baffled.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:24 am
2 week vacation? Leave baby with a stranger for 2 weeks???? Why not on an overnight trip? Or a long weekend? Most of us have never been on a 2 week vacation!

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:24 am
Scratching Head Scratching Head
I hope this is just a sarcastic thread in response to the other thread on this topic.
I hope you're not seriously planning to leave a nursing baby for 2 weeks.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:25 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I may know someone. You can pm me. I think its great that you want to recharge and relax. Go for it! Everyone should learn from you.

I can't pm you if you're amother.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:26 am
I’m sure child protective services would be happy to place her in Foster Care for you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:26 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
You would seriously leave a nursing child for a vacation with dh? Have you no maternal instincts in you at all? I’m baffled.

And I'm baffled how someone would judge without knowing anything about them or their situation. Maybe this baby was a surprise and I'm not up to the challenge?

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:27 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Scratching Head Scratching Head
I hope this is just a sarcastic thread in response to the other thread on this topic.
I hope you're not seriously planning to leave a nursing baby for 2 weeks.

Yeah im sure it is. Sounds like someone is bored.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:27 am
I know an amazing person! You can totally trust me, random internet woman, to give you a recommendation for where to deposit your inconvenient child while you and dh go have fun.

Also, if you want m to watch your house, I can do it. I'll keep special watch on your diamond jewels while you're away.

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:29 am
I’m assuming you are sarcastic but if not...most infants don’t just stop nursing for 2 weeks and go right back to it.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And I'm baffled how someone would judge without knowing anything about them or their situation. Maybe this baby was a surprise and I'm not up to the challenge?

Abandoning a nursing baby for 2 weeks will NOT bring you up to the challenge. That's what therapists and professional help is for.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

They’re are childless people here. Please be more sensitive.

amother
Saddlebrown

amother [ OP ] wrote:
I can't pm you if you're amother.

I set up an email for you vacationwithoutbabyrocks@aol.com

amother
OP

amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I’m sure child protective services would be happy to place her in Foster Care for you

The whole idea of a vacation is to avoid the foster care option. I'm glad you never felt that way.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:31 am
Delete

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:32 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I know an amazing person! You can totally trust me, random internet woman, to give you a recommendation for where to deposit your inconvenient child while you and dh go have fun.

Also, if you want m to watch your house, I can do it. I'll keep special watch on your diamond jewels while you're away.

OP will ask for references, I'm sure it'll be great!

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:32 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Two weeks? Didn't OP say overnight?

She said 2 weeks. This is why I'm convinced it's sarcastic.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:33 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
OP will ask for references, I'm sure it'll be great!

I have great references for her! Four people who may or may not be getting a cut of the loot.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 12:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The whole idea of a vacation is to avoid the foster care option. I'm glad you never felt that way.

Again, abandoning your nursing baby for 2 weeks to vacation will NOT solve the problem. You'll come back to your baby and still feel the same way about her. If you're resentful that you had a surprise baby, you need professional help, not a vacation to run away from the problem. A vacation won't help and you're just torturing the baby in the interim.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics