Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Scared - will vaccine be required -
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 12:06 am
Pro-vaxxer here. Until now, I gave everything except guardasil. Now it will be everything except guardasil and covid. I am scared of this thing. (https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.com/vaccines/)

Will it be required one day for my kids to attend school? or for any of us to fly? I am so worried.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 12:15 am
Required for school is a ways off. But to fly-- yes, there is a good chance that will happen.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 12:20 am
A physician group that rampantly spread COVID-19 misinformation is back in the spotlight -- but this time, sowing doubt about the vaccine.
America's Frontline Doctors, an organization that claims to provide uncensored, accurate information about the pandemic, became infamous in July after a viral press conference that protested government lockdown restrictions and spread inaccuracies ranging from the ineffectiveness of masks to claims that hydroxychloroquine could "cure" COVID-19.

Now, those same doctors -- the majority of which have no experience treating COVID-19 patients -- have launched a campaign to warn Americans that they should not be forced to take an "experimental vaccine," while failing to mention the safety trials and large phase III efficacy trials, along with the fact that no vaccine mandate exists.

The day before Pfizer's vaccine was administered at healthcare facilities across the country, Simone Gold, MD, JD, who founded the group, spoke in front of the CDC headquarters in Atlanta to warn on potential safety hazards.

"The first point that we want to bring out is the fact that this is an experimental vaccine, and not a vaccine at this point," Gold said in a video shared on her Twitter account.

share to facebook
share to twitter
share to linkedin
email article
A screenshot from the America’s Frontline Doctors video
On July 29, 2020, we reported that many members of America's Frontline Doctors, a physician group that spread misinformation about the pandemic, had little to no experience treating COVID-19 patients. Here, we take a look at the messages that group has continued to spread during the pandemic.

A physician group that rampantly spread COVID-19 misinformation is back in the spotlight -- but this time, sowing doubt about the vaccine.

America's Frontline Doctors, an organization that claims to provide uncensored, accurate information about the pandemic, became infamous in July after a viral press conference that protested government lockdown restrictions and spread inaccuracies ranging from the ineffectiveness of masks to claims that hydroxychloroquine could "cure" COVID-19.

Now, those same doctors -- the majority of which have no experience treating COVID-19 patients -- have launched a campaign to warn Americans that they should not be forced to take an "experimental vaccine," while failing to mention the safety trials and large phase III efficacy trials, along with the fact that no vaccine mandate exists.

The day before Pfizer's vaccine was administered at healthcare facilities across the country, Simone Gold, MD, JD, who founded the group, spoke in front of the CDC headquarters in Atlanta to warn on potential safety hazards.

"The first point that we want to bring out is the fact that this is an experimental vaccine, and not a vaccine at this point," Gold said in a video shared on her Twitter account.

"Experimental vaccines should NEVER be mandated or forced by businesses or govt. This choice should always remain between a doctor and a patient," she wrote in the post.

"For anyone considering the Pfizer vaccine, know that you are getting an EXPERIMENTAL vaccine," James Todaro, MD, a member of America's Frontline Doctors, wrote on Twitter. Todaro, a former practicing ophthalmologist who is now a blockchain investor, stated that Americans should "think twice if you are under 50 yrs old with an [infection fatality rate] under 0.02%."

These claims were not backed by data and neither member provided examples of vaccine mandates. Gold and Todaro did not respond to requests for comment from MedPage Today.

Physicians and medical experts were outraged by these sentiments, stating that clinicians who have actually treated COVID patients on the frontlines would never support these claims.

"For the record, nearly all the frontline doctors I've worked with and spoken to who've actually taken care of critically ill COVID-19 patients and seen how horrible this virus can be have been eagerly getting in line and grateful to roll up their sleeves," Craig Spencer, MD, MPH, an emergency physician at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University in New York City, wrote on Twitter.
Peter Hotez, MD, PhD, a vaccine researcher from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, emphasized that no American is being forced to take a vaccine, and criticized the credentials of any clinician who would oppose immunization.

"No real frontline doctor objects to this vaccine," Hotez wrote on Twitter. "Only the antivax, 'health freedom' movement linked to right wing extremism."

Angela Rasmussen, PhD, a virologist at Georgetown University, stated that there is no such thing as "forcing" anyone to get vaccinated.

"This would be funny if it's not the same pathetic, cynical, thirsty, self-serving grifting that intentionally sown doubt in public health expertise and resulted in 300,000 dead Americans," Rasmussen wrote on Twitter.

America's Frontline Doctors launched a petition to "prevent people from being intimidated or pressured into taking experimental vaccines," which has more than 34,000 signatures. The organization also published a white paper claiming to debunk COVID-19 "myths," which includes information about the "censorship" on the benefits of hydroxychloroquine and potential dangers of the vaccine (the group actively discourages use of a vaccine even for groups at high-risk of severe COVID-19, instead recommending "early or prophylactic treatment with established medications").
The organization has also made attempts to incite fear about the vaccine within the Black community by falsely pushing the conspiracy that Black Americans will be used as a mass trial for the "experimental therapy," VICE reported.

Video of the group's July press conference was shared by President Donald Trump before major social media platforms removed it due to misinformation. After the video went viral, MedPage Today could not confirm where Gold practiced medicine. Her former employer has since rejected that Gold is a member of its staff and denounced all of her claims. Gold has since authored a book called I Do Not Consent: My Fight Against Medical Cancel Culture, which chronicles her experience treating COVID-19 patients.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 12:20 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Required for school is a ways off. But to fly-- yes, there is a good chance that will happen.

How soon?

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 12:23 am
You should be more afraid of the virus, than you are of the vaccine. You have no idea how much havoc this virus can do to your internal organs, if you were to get sick year after year of this. So many young people with lung and heart issues.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 12:28 am
If you don’t want to get a vaccine, that is fine, you need to do what is best for your family.
However, you do not need to fly. You do not need, you want, but not need, to attend a simcha, to visit family, to go on vacation.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 12:30 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
If you don’t want to get a vaccine, that is fine, you need to do what is best for your family.
However, you do not need to fly. You do not need, you want, but not need, to attend a simcha, to visit family, to go on vacation.

The vaccine doesn't prevent transmission. So why am I more dangerous than anyone else?

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 12:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The vaccine doesn't prevent transmission. So why am I more dangerous than anyone else?

1. You're not a pro vaxxer.

2. The vaccine does prevent transmission. If you can't get it, you can't transmit it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 12:41 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
1. You're not a pro vaxxer.

2. The vaccine does prevent transmission. If you can't get it, you can't transmit it.

1. Why do myself, dh and and my kids have every shot except guardasil? Ok, let me make stuff up about you... no, I won't stoop so low. I am pro vaccines that have a track record. We don't know much about this one.

2. Not true. Someone who is vaccinated hopefully can't get sick if their body fights it off, but you were still infected and you can still pass it on to others. Anything I read says that it only partially prevents transmission. That's why you still need to wear a mask.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 12:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
1. Why do myself, dh and and my kids have every shot except guardasil? Ok, let me make stuff up about you... no, I won't stoop so low. I am pro vaccines that have a track record. We don't know much about this one.

2. Not true. Someone who is vaccinated hopefully can't get sick if their body fights it off, but you were still infected and you can still pass it on to others. Anything I read says that it only partially prevents transmission. That's why you still need to wear a mask.

As a pro vaxxer I.e non conpiracy theorist, a website like the one you cited is not where you should get your information from.

The focus on the vaccine development was protecting people from the disease, not spread. It's early, but preliminary studies strongly suggest that it prevent the spread as well.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 1:00 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
As a pro vaxxer I.e non conpiracy theorist, a website like the one you cited is not where you should get your information from.

The focus on the vaccine development was protecting people from the disease, not spread. It's early, but preliminary studies strongly suggest that it prevent the spread as well.

It's a new world. I believe the election was stolen. Fauci supported the "gain of function" research that caused this pandemic. If I can't trust the election officials or Fauci, then who do we trust? Time to stop listening to the MSM. I don't trust this vaccine is good for us. We won't know that for many years.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 1:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It's not yet proven that it eliminates transmission entirely, but the vaccine definitely does significantly cut transmission.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 1:05 am
OP you won't get any support on this site. But yes you should be worried. As am I and anyone not a sheep. Hopefully moshiach will come. I. Don't doubt Israel will be the first country closed to me Sad(

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 1:06 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
OP you won't get any support on this site. But yes you should be worried. As am I and anyone not a sheep. Hopefully moshiach will come. I. Don't doubt Israel will be the first country closed to me Sad(

Will it happen by August?

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 1:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Will it happen by August?

There are some sems already saying girls without the shot can't come back after pesach. And I don't think Israel is allowing non citizens in? Idk but I'd think sooner than later. Though every day new rules are made up so who knows.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 1:21 am
Many young people are getting covid. Even here in New York. I will be very surprised if the covid vaccine won't become mandated for school children eventually. However, they are still testing it on younger populations. The vaccine was not tested on pregnancy women but most drs now recommend pregnant women to take the vaccine.

I think it will take at least another year but chances are that child will be required to take this shot.

As far as flying, many countries are now speaking about requiring this shot.

camp123

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 1:32 am
As rav Elyashiv claimed your hishdadlus is to do what is normal. If you are forced to get the vaccine because every health authority in the world says it's necessary then if you get it you are doing what is considered normal. If you think Hashem will punish you for that and make you sick because you did what was required you are a kofer.
Hashem decides who gets sick we are only required to do normal hishdadlus but ultimately it's not the hi ishdadlus that helps us it's G-d.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 1:40 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:

We don't need people bringing in the virus and their mutations. People bringing in the British mutation have caused the hospitals to be overwhelmed. Travelers who didn't bother quarantining when required are the ones who caused this outbreak in the first place. We are still struggling to contain the South African mutation against which the vaccine is less effective. We don't need you and your viruses and we don't need people who refuse to vaccinate, wear masks, quarantine, because their "freedom" is more important than everyone else's health.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 1:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You need to wear a mask because you may still be able to transmit, even if it is more unlikely.

More importantly, you need to wear a mask because otherwise we will create and spread mutations and have a new outbreak that we are not ready for, before we know it, and it will be a vaccine-resistant outbreak (they can make a new vaccine for it but it will take a few months).

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 2:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Data out of Israel shows it prevents transmission
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics