Home

Therapist that specializes in Eating disorder

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 1:31 pm
Can anyone help me out? Any personal recommendations?
Preferably a woman
Thanks
Back to top

amother




Bronze
 

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 3:12 pm
Erectile dysfunction therapist ?
Do you mean something else?
Medication is a quick fix.
Back to top

amother




Orange
 

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 3:34 pm
I assumed eating disorder esp since they’re looking for a therapist and a female
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 3:48 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I assumed eating disorder esp since they’re looking for a therapist and a female

I didn't know it's an abbreviation for a different issue.
I meant eating disorder.
Back to top

amother




Burlywood
 

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 4:47 pm
Esther Bursztyn working in Dr. Yossi Shafer. I think it's called Empower.
Back to top

amother




Hotpink
 

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 8:22 pm
I think you will get more responses if you change title to Eating Disorder so more people will open thread. ED stands for something else completely.
Hope you find the right shaliach and may this person be cured forever!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 9:23 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
I think you will get more responses if you change title to Eating Disorder so more people will open thread. ED stands for something else completely.
Hope you find the right shaliach and may this person be cured forever!

Done, thanks
Back to top

sun inside rain




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 9:31 pm
Dina Cohen 7327377576
Excellent
Back to top

amother




Burlywood
 

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 10:04 pm
I believe Dina Cohen is a nutritionist, not a therapist.
Someone struggling with an eating disorder needs a therapist, a doctor and a nutritionist- all who specialize in this - doctor needs to be very familiar. Devorah Levenson at Relief Resources can be helpful.
Back to top

henry




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 5:48 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
I believe Dina Cohen is a nutritionist, not a therapist.
Someone struggling with an eating disorder needs a therapist, a doctor and a nutritionist- all who specialize in this - doctor needs to be very familiar. Devorah Levenson at Relief Resources can be helpful.


Be careful with this recommendation. I didn’t have a great experience with her and know too many people that feel they were misguided.

From the posts above, I’m assuming you are looking for someone near Lakewood. Depends where in the process of the eating disorder and the kind of therapy you are looking for. Someone above suggested Esther bursztyn
There’s also Pessie reches
Alyssa Keul
Marny Fegan
Molly Leach
Talia Becker
Based on things things like insurance, your history and kind of therapy should help guide your decision. I have a few more names and options as well so feel free to PM for more info.
Back to top

amother




Smokey
 

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 1:19 pm
If you are willing to travel, Laura McDonald is exceptional. She works with Dr Sacker, a renowned specialist

http://www.sackermd.com/about_.....s.asp
Back to top

amother




Ivory
 

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 1:41 pm
Call Devora levinson from relief resources. She’s the eating disorder guru for almost 20 years.
Back to top

amother




Slateblue
 

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 2:01 pm
Devorah Levinson recommended Talia becker for my daughter and bh she's very good
Back to top

amother




Tangerine
 

Post Sat, Feb 20 2021, 4:39 pm
Reach out to Ayelet Hashachar. They’rea relatively new organization but they have a lot of resources and knowledge in eating disorders. Their number is 732-523-1337. They also have a website which is www.ayeleth.org
Back to top

amother




Ivory
 

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:22 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Reach out to Ayelet Hashachar. They’rea relatively new organization but they have a lot of resources and knowledge in eating disorders. Their number is 732-523-1337. They also have a website which is www.ayeleth.org

Who runs this organization? Is it a new division of something else? How are they different than Devora levinson or Magen Avraham
Back to top

amother




Tangerine
 

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:26 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Who runs this organization? Is it a new division of something else? How are they different than Devora levinson or Magen Avraham

They’re a separate organization. They focus exclusively on eating disorders so they have a really large database of therapists all over the country. They’re also much easier to get ahold and very very up to date on the latest treatment methods, much more so than any other organization.
Back to top

amother




Cyclamen
 

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 12:17 am
Dr Miriam Wolosh is a frum psychologist who specializes in eating disorders.
She practices in Morristown and is wonderful.
https://www.miriamwoloshphd.com/
Back to top

amother




Mocha
 

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 1:38 am
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
Dr Miriam Wolosh is a frum psychologist who specializes in eating disorders.
She practices in Morristown and is wonderful.
https://www.miriamwoloshphd.com/


I'll second this. We loved her. She saved us!
Back to top

amother




Mocha
 

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 1:40 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Who runs this organization? Is it a new division of something else? How are they different than Devora levinson or Magen Avraham


Don't put Levinson in one category with a org.

Deborah is simply here to guide you to which therapist to go to while this organization claims that they are the therapist which isn't true and is sometimes harmful to parents that are really desperate and don't know the difference.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Why not losing weight if eating much less than what
by amother
23 Today at 11:31 am View last post
Occupational Therapist and Speech Therap Pediatrics Medicaid
by amother
2 Yesterday at 10:02 pm View last post
What kind of therapist? Please recommend!
by amother
6 Yesterday at 9:46 pm View last post
Speech Therapist
by amother
0 Mon, Aug 02 2021, 9:31 am View last post
David schatzkamer, therapist for kids, in brooklyn
by amother
17 Sun, Aug 01 2021, 8:22 pm View last post