Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Egg Rolls and Wonton Wrappers
Previous  1  2

cookielady

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 11:41 am
No You Weren't Twisted Evil

pinktichel

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 12:04 pm
cookielady wrote:
No You Weren't Twisted Evil

yes I most certainly was! See my first comment:

pinktichel wrote:
Sorry ladies, but I have discovered otherwise.

Wonton wrappers are thicker and get very crispy when fried. Eggroll wrappers/skins are thinner and while they do get crispy when fried, they are not as hard to bite into.

I have used wonton wrappers to make eggrolls, but they nowhere close to as good as eggroll wrappers.

Btw, I have found wonton wrappers in different shapes and sizes. Depends on the company.

I was referring to the ones that you and Shoy agreed to as well- the frozen, large, wonton wrappers in white packaging with red chinese writing!

I then said:
pinktichel wrote:
I promise you, cookie, my wonton wrappers are the same size as my eggroll ones and become really crunchy when fried. I did however see in my new local supermarket, small wonton wrappersa made by the same company as my egroll wrappers... can't wait to try them... they are probably the ones you use.

Sorry cookie, but I always have to have the last word! Twisted Evil
Before anyone says/thinks anything, don't feel bad for my Dh! I keep my mouth shut cuz he's usually right! I hate that!!!! Exploding anger

Ok cookie, we still friends? We want to come visit you guys after pesach, so I gotta be nice!!

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 12:31 pm
Can you bake eggrolls or really not. I want to make them but not fry them

shoy18

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 12:39 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Can you bake eggrolls or really not. I want to make them but not fry them

I think I actually baked wantons once, they were pretty good, not like the fried ones, but still pretty decent none the less, Id try it, but brush the outside with a bit of oil before you bake them

cookielady

Post Mon, Mar 10 2008, 2:43 pm
If it is the thinner egg roll skins, then spray pan with pam or similar spray. Place egg rolls on pan and spray egg rolls, then bake. Its very good this way (of course not like fried....)
Steaming wontons comes out better than baking I think.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes