Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Abigail Roberg
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 2:40 pm
Anyone feel she messed you over?

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 2:45 pm
Is that the place that gives you exercises?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 2:46 pm
She's like an alternative to OT and medical route for struggling children.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 2:59 pm
I have what to say on the topic, but I'll sum it up: Waste of money.

If you have a child that needs OT, go to a licensed OT. If your child needs PT, go to a licensed PT. They are trained to help your child.

Don't go to someone who gives your child random yoga positions to try, that your child isn't interested in doing, and the person isn't trained to help your child.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 3:20 pm
I'm not concerned about the excercises, more the way she talka to people and the cult like mentaltity. She disparges everything mainstream and makes you think everyone is wrong except her.

Anyone relate?

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 3:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not concerned about the excercises, more the way she talka to people and the cult like mentaltity. She disparges everything mainstream and makes you think everyone is wrong except her.

Anyone relate?

This

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 3:38 pm
I don’t know this person. But if someone says they have the only way and everyone else is wrong and they have no peer reviewed research to back up their claims- run away. Fast.

amother
Mistyrose

I know ppl who swear by her and say they saved her child.

Personally I don’t understand how random no name vitamins and creams (from Amazon she recommends) are better then taking fda approved medication. But plenty of ppl prefer it and says it works and their child is a new person.

amother
Lilac

Hi OP,

I’m a therapist (social worker), and my colleagues and I often get asked about these kind of programs. Generally speaking, if they make you stop all other therapies or disparage everything else, stay away. Does she really believe that people with years of schooling and training know less than she does and that she has discovered this miraculous magic cure that no one else knows about?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 3:45 pm
I don't use her, nor would I. I have a friend who is so messed over from her and I am angry.

She has done research on tons and has answers for everything. I don't think just because someone is trained, means they are better. I think someone who disparges everything except what she can do or any competition is a problem..someone who says ot is dangerous, likely dangerous to her bottom line, but not dangerous for the kid.

I'm specifically interested in hearing people who got stuck in her mindset and ended up messed over. I'd love to show my friend that others also got caught up in it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 4:00 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I know ppl who swear by her and say they saved her child.

Personally I don’t understand how random no name vitamins and creams (from Amazon she recommends) are better then taking fda approved medication. But plenty of ppl prefer it and says it works and their child is a new person.

Vitamins can help a person tremendously..I believe that. Things like magnesium reduce anxiety. Zinc helps visual issues. You don't need expensive stuff.

For minor issues having someone help you navigate supplements is great. The thing is you have to know when to say, I did what I know it's not working enough, try other ideas that I don't know about. That's something she doesn't seem to be able to do.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 4:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Vitamins can help a person tremendously..I believe that. Things like magnesium reduce anxiety. Zinc helps visual issues. You don't need expensive stuff.

For minor issues having someone help you navigate supplements is great. The thing is you have to know when to say, I did what I know it's not working enough, try other ideas that I don't know about. That's something she doesn't seem to be able to do.

It’s not pure vitamins. It’s mixtures of many. Or minerals. Once things are so processed how is it diff then meds. Or maybe I don’t understand what it is
Examples:
Edited - removed links

I don’t know anyone messed by her. Only ppl who were really helped.
And honestly I know some of these kids and they are doing great.
One girl when she was a baby I really thought something was wrong with her. Didn’t talk. Make eye contact. Awkward. She is a gorgeous self confident young lady now. A totally diff person. Her mother gives a ton of credit to the methods used.
A boy I know was doing poor in class. Couldn’t sit. Now is amazing in class

So who knows.
I’m a sceptic. But I’ve seen tremendous successful cases.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 4:09 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
It’s not pure vitamins. It’s mixtures of many. Or minerals. Once things are so processed how is it diff then meds. Or maybe I don’t understand what it is
Examples:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

Magnesium and zinc are minerals. I know she suggests combinations etc. Vitamins are not a natural form. Obviously whatever you can get naturally will work better but most of us don't get what we need from what we're eating.

I don't know much about her reccomendations because I don't take them but I don't think it's equivalent to meds.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 4:12 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I have what to say on the topic, but I'll sum it up: Waste of money.

If you have a child that needs OT, go to a licensed OT. If your child needs PT, go to a licensed PT. They are trained to help your child.

Don't go to someone who gives your child random yoga positions to try, that your child isn't interested in doing, and the person isn't trained to help your child.

Exactly
And one more point:
Anything that is strong enough to perform changes can also impact a person in a negative way- and then who will be there to help you?

ddmom

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 4:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't use her, nor would I. I have a friend who is so messed over from her and I am angry.

She has done research on tons and has answers for everything. I don't think just because someone is trained, means they are better. I think someone who disparges everything except what she can do or any competition is a problem..someone who says ot is dangerous, likely dangerous to her bottom line, but not dangerous for the kid.

I'm specifically interested in hearing people who got stuck in her mindset and ended up messed over. I'd love to show my friend that others also got caught up in it.

I'm sorry but it sounds like just want to hear lashon hara about her..."I would never use her, just looking for ppl that hate her as much ad I do!"
It's sounds so wrong.
You can warn ppl that ask you that your friend had a bad experience but what exactly the point of this thread? To bash someone?

(Btw I dk her personally and never used her. I did have a friend who had good experience with her son!)

lk1234

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 4:50 pm
I kind of agree with the previous poster. If I came on imamother and saw my name as the subject and someone writing can someone tell me all the bad professional experiences they had with lk1234 I'd be really hurt. If I were abusive or crazy then yes, I'd deserve a thread named for me and all my aveiros. But I'm sure I do things at work that annoy people (albeit unintentionally) and hope that that does not get posted on a public forum. Just my personal opinion - don't know anything about this person. I think this thread should be removed. Again - personal opinion.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:51 pm
This is pure lashon harah and does not belong here on this forum that is so public. The hurt that you are inflicting on the family doesn't justify the means.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:58 pm
I didn't see it that way. I was posting to help my friend. I want her to see from others who used her that there is other help out there.

Either way, I don't know how to delete the thread but I will report my post to have it deleted.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 6:39 pm
Her stuff is a real problem Sad I do think people need to be made aware. I had an administrator I respect recommend her. Did some digging and was horrified. So many people swear by her when she’s really selling snake oil. So there’s toeles in discussing it though a public forum probably isn’t the best place. Maybe it can be moved.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 7:07 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Her stuff is a real problem Sad I do think people need to be made aware. I had an administrator I respect recommend her. Did some digging and was horrified. So many people swear by her when she’s really selling snake oil. So there’s toeles in discussing it though a public forum probably isn’t the best place. Maybe it can be moved.

What do you mean snake oil?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)