Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Could this be first period?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:22 pm
My 10 year old daughter just told me she saw a few drops of blood in her underwear for two days. Her underwear was already washed, so I can't look at it. Today her underwear is clean.
She said its not itchy and doesn't hurt to urinate, so chances or UTI are less.
Could it have been her period? I'm freaking out inside because she is hardly responsible enough to brush her hair and teeth daily.

lovingmommy3417

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:28 pm
It could be. My best friend got it when she was 10 and I was barely 11. Were you young when you 1st got your period? It usually is hereditary. Tell her to show you next time you see it. Maybe let her pediatrician know if you are concerned it is something else.

Frumme

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:31 pm
Yes it could be. However, don't be surprised if it doesn't happen again for another 6 months

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 5:47 pm
Yes it can be my daughter was 10 when she got it. She had a drop of blood on her undies for 2 days and that was all and then she got it like a few months later consistently

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 6:00 pm
Thanks for the responses. I was 13 when I got my first period, so she is definitely not following my genetics.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Feb 16 2021, 6:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the responses. I was 13 when I got my first period, so she is definitely not following my genetics.

I followed after my paternal grandmother--for menses, looks, hair, menopause, the whole thing. I don't even look like my m Hiding other.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics