Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Should I buy this for my daughter or not
Previous  1  2

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 3:55 pm
Op trust yourself
You sound like a great mom
You want to get it for her
Her friends have it and as you said she never asks for anything
Based on your tone and what you have written I say splurge and go for it! Maybe you are more sensitive to this because of your experience- that is fine- you are conscious of it and making a conscious choice.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 4:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I can't buy 1 kiddie zoom for 3 kids

Sure you can! They will share. Set the timer for each kid to have a 30 minute turn. Teaches them limits and enforces sharing. It’s not for 10 kids.. it’s for 3. Totally doable.

Flowermum

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 8:20 pm
on the topic of giving a gift for a reason, I sometimes buy a gift for my DD of 6yo like a new playmobil set or a sheet of american doll stickers, and when she asks "Mummy why did you buy it for me?" I say "Because mummy loves you so much and I wanted to treat you."

I find it makes a big difference with her behaviour and my relationship with her. I do it with my teenagers too on any random day of the year... just because I love you.

lucky14

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 10:01 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Sure you can! They will share. Set the timer for each kid to have a 30 minute turn. Teaches them limits and enforces sharing. It’s not for 10 kids.. it’s for 3. Totally doable.

I don't think that's the point though. It sounds like this girl wants it for her own personal item since her friends have it. If mom buys it for all siblings it isn't really hers and honestly it wont be as much fun to receive.

I personally wouldn't buy it because for the price and the fun factor I just don't think it's worth it. BUT in general I'm all for occasional presents at random times. Not everyone needs to get the same thing. The other kids will get other stuff at different times.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 3:35 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Op trust yourself
You sound like a great mom
You want to get it for her
Her friends have it and as you said she never asks for anything
Based on your tone and what you have written I say splurge and go for it! Maybe you are more sensitive to this because of your experience- that is fine- you are conscious of it and making a conscious choice.

I agree.
And to those who say she'll get bored after a week, my daughter never got bored with it. She still plays with it often, a good few months after she got it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics