Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Women on this site are so literal

IMHopinion

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 6:19 pm
I notice it mostly on politics threads, most recently on the Rush Limbaugh thread.

When somebody writes an entire post, a single word or sentence will get called out, and have an entire story spinned on it.
In most cases it’s so obvious what the poster really meant, but there’s always the somebody that will call her out on that tiny detail, spinning her words negatively.
I don’t find this happens in real life, only on this site.
It makes me feel like we’re back in kindergarten.

Anyone know what I’m talking about?

gonewiththewind1

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:02 pm

Last edited by gonewiththewind1 on Thu, Dec 23 2021, 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total

hodeez

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:04 pm
You know how it is, people will grasp at straws to further their agenda.

IMHopinion

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 7:05 pm
hodeez wrote:
You know how it is, people will grasp at straws to further their agenda.

Yes it’s a desperate attack method.

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 8:39 pm
IMHopinion, how can you bring up at topic by using a [gentile] as an example???? I don't understand how we can possibly be talking about Rush Limbaugh. Please edit your post to refer only to mishloach manos threads and other such holy things.

Supermom#1

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 10:19 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
IMHopinion, how can you bring up at topic by using a [gentile] as an example???? I don't understand how we can possibly be talking about Rush Limbaugh. Please edit your post to refer only to mishloach manos threads and other such holy things.

LOL!

happy chick

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 10:22 pm
Some people will always see the negative (and make it up when there is none). It's sad, but it's reality.

happy chick

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 10:24 pm
Crookshanks wrote:

You just did it! You're spinning her words. She was trying to say that we should send shalach manos to rush limbaugh (or his family).

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 10:33 pm
happy chick wrote:
You just did it! You're spinning her words. She was trying to say that we should send shalach manos to rush limbaugh (or his family).

Well, I heard that my Rav said that it's assur to give holiday gifts to a non Jew. I understand Xmas was a long time ago and Easter isn't yet, but it is still completely against halacha and I can't believe the apikorsos on this thread.

Fox

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 11:45 pm
I love these responses. Obviously, you can't send shalach manos to the Limbaugh family; they'll be in aveilus and won't be about to receive them!

Seriously, though, this is my #1 pet peeve.

Like the Limbaugh threads -- for goodness' sake! He was entertaining people for 3 hours a day. He said all sorts of wild things to rev up his audience or get people debating. You can argue that you didn't find it entertaining, but clearly a lot of people did. But don't pretend that he went around calling people "feminazis" in real life.

A similar afflication overcomes people when they click on political threads: they lose the ability to recognize metaphors. Suddenly, they want to say, "But we're not talking about Ancient Greece" or whatever. "Yes, Pumpkin. I know we're not talking about Ancient Greece. I was making a comparison."

In some cases, the poster really doesn't get it. But more frequently, pretending to be clueless is just too hard to resist when it offers the opportunity to strike a pose on the moral high ground.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics