Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Paint colors

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 10:14 pm
I'm kind of clueless about this. What should I go with? I like grey with slightly blue undertones, but I've been told grey is going out of style. I don't need to be super in style, but don't want to do it wrong. I'd thought about a very pale grey for the kitchen walls (cupboards are staying light wood. Can't replace or paint that right now) and navy for the bottom of the island, but is that a bad idea? I like neutral overall. I need to paint everything as we're moving in and everything needs to be freshened up. Any ideas?
Kitchen, dining room leading to living room, bedrooms, basement etc
Not a big house.

byisrael

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 7:46 am
if you are doing light wood cabinets with a navy island I would do a very soft white.
Also white counter tops, white backsplash - this color conbo needs white to brighten it up
https://www.houzz.com/photos/l.....34828

are you painting an existing island or putting in a new one?
if you are painting I would leave the island as is and paint the white cabinets - like in this pic.
https://www.houzz.com/photos/r.....62800

for the rest of the house I would do a more neutral warm grey as apposed to one with blue undertones

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 7:49 am
Also for the rest of the house - try paint samples on the wall. not every color looks the same on every wall.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 12:04 pm
I did some very nice colors recently.I did collingwood which is very light taupe with a drop of gray in it.Really nice. I did my kitchen and playroom revere pewter which is a grayish tone but very warm and not a stark gray also really happy with it!! GOOD LUCK!!

stillnewlywed

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 12:19 pm
Gray Owl is a very pretty light gray

gamanit

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 12:23 pm
Don't spend too much time thinking about what's in style. Paint color is something that doesn't get changed very frequently so it ends up giving a very dated look to your home if you do something too trendy. Just do what you like. There are apps that help you visualize how a color will look in your room.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics