Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Poll for those waiting for more data

Are you waiting to take the vax?
Waiting for short term data  
 5%  [ 2 ]
Waiting for long term data  
 48%  [ 18 ]
Waiting for a more traditional vax  
 5%  [ 2 ]
No vax ever  
 16%  [ 6 ]
This poll does not apply to me  
 21%  [ 8 ]
Waiting for FDA non-emergency approval granted  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 37

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 10:44 pm
And if you are waiting what emotions are you going through? What would you want others who are acting bullies to know?

Are you thinking about full cherem from yiddish community as a possibility? Especially in E"Y?

How do you feel about them video Rabbanims psak but not the shaila that was asked in its entirety? Would you trust the psak more if the entire shaila was video'd?

Do you feel frum comminty is naive?

Do you feel they trust too easily?

Do you feel there is something weird going on in the world?

Do you believe short of death there will be no medical exemptions?

Do you believe every motorcycle accident death is labeled covid but every post vax death is labeled coincidence?

Do you believe they are stacking the data unscientifically? Comparing apples with oranges?

Do not you have a more moderate version of what you believe?

If you had to name one thing that happened that disturbed you the most on this topic, what would it be?

This thread is not really an invitation for those outside of this mindset to participate in. I want to hear these amothers opinions.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 10:52 pm
My family gets then flu shot annually. I feel that the benefit outweighs the risk. We experienced flu in our household twice before we started taking the shot. It was awful. Flu after the shot was much more manageable.

Currently everyone that I know that has taken the covid vaccine has gotten ill. From minor symptoms (knocked out in bed for 24 hrs) to getting really bad case of covid right after the vaccine.

Since I haven't heard of anyone tweaking the vaccine, my family will currently not take it. We are bh young and healthy.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 10:58 pm
I am waiting to be out of my first trimester, because there is a risk of fever with the vaccine. If I weren’t pregnant, I’d get it in a heartbeat. I actually had an appointment to get vaccinated that I cancelled when I got a positive pregnancy test.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 11:02 pm
My doctor told us to wait until there is more data. We are young and healthy and have antibodies so she feels that the risks outweigh the benefits right now.

This is the person I call at midnight when my children are sick. I trust her opinion more than any politician, journalist, and yes, Rabbi.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 11:06 pm
I am not confident about the vaccine. I feel the technology is too new and there are no long-term known affects. It worries me that at first they were saying not to get pregnant pregnant a couple of months after taking the vaccine, and now they are saying that even pregnant people should take it.

I am worried that I won't be allowed to travel unless I can prove I've been vaccinated, or best-case, can show antibodies. I'm worried it will become mandatory for schooling.

I am less concerned about the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, which does not use the new technology. I still don't want to be from the first million people to get it.

With all my worries, I am still less anti-vax than I was a month ago. When the vaccine rollout first started, I was adamant that I will refuse it. As its becoming more and more normal, and more and more people I know have gotten it, I've relaxed my stance.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 10:20 am
Thanks for sharing your viewpoints. I also noticed that they changed the stance on taking it during pregnancy not based on data collected but only based on viral risk.

watergirl

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:14 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I am not confident about the vaccine. I feel the technology is too new and there are no long-term known affects. It worries me that at first they were saying not to get pregnant pregnant a couple of months after taking the vaccine, and now they are saying that even pregnant people should take it.

I am worried that I won't be allowed to travel unless I can prove I've been vaccinated, or best-case, can show antibodies. I'm worried it will become mandatory for schooling.

I am less concerned about the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, which does not use the new technology. I still don't want to be from the first million people to get it.

With all my worries, I am still less anti-vax than I was a month ago. When the vaccine rollout first started, I was adamant that I will refuse it. As its becoming more and more normal, and more and more people I know have gotten it, I've relaxed my stance.

MRNA technology has been used since the 90s.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:23 am
I am generally pro-vax. My kids are completely up-to-date. I don't usually get around to the flu shot, but that's more about my laziness than idealism.

But since I'm young, a woman, and have antibodies, I want to wait and see.

If I'd be 65, without antibodies, or have other factors, my decision would likely be different.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:29 am
I agree with a lot of what women above posted about it being new, and I want to wait. Right now, I am strict about masking etc and work from home. But, im a speech therapist in a public school, so im concerned that they may say you wont get paid if you cant come to work, and you cant come to work in sept unless you had the vaccine.

if they make that rule, then ill need to get the vaccine and dont want to wait until there are no appointments. But, right now, im surely waiting for the summer.

im not anti vax, I took the flu vaccine, but im wondering why fda approved it for emergency use only....

I do know a lot of ppl, my parents, uncles etc who took it, but also a lot of those ppl were not really staying home...they went to simchas with no masks etc...which I will not do...so they are more carefree about the whole situation...

im not sure if I had covid, but my dh and some kids had it, so I would've been exposed...I still follow all restrictions...

meanwhile im wondering if they'll force ppl to take it by stating that you can only come to work in the hospital/schools etc if you had the vaccine

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:29 am
I was hesitant when the vaccine was just coming out but the more stories I heard about people my age (40s) getting really sick with covid and having long-term complications made me much more nervous about actually getting sick than getting the vaccine. I am also at a higher risk due to my weight and I was able to get the first shot this week B"H.

tweety1

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:30 am
I'm a pro vaxer. Right now I'm anti covid vaccine. Highly probable is that my opinion will change in 5-10 yrs. I want long term, real term data.

evaeva

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:35 am
DAAS TORAH
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics