Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How long to quarantine. Lakewood
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 12:43 am
Hi I had symptoms since Sunday eve and I just got the results back from the pcr covid test and it’s positive. (Took the rapid a few days ago and was neg) My husband has antibodies. How long do I need to quarantine for? I’m looking for the most lenient drs opinion. Also my kids don’t have any symptoms. Do I need to test my kids for covid or should I be testing them for antibodies? How long do they need to quarantine? Again I’m looking to do the shortest possible. Thanks

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 3:18 am
If you tested positive for COVID-19 and have symptoms, it's critical that you self-isolate (stay in your home and away from others) for:
10 days after symptoms first appeared and
24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving (Note: Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation)
If you tested positive for COVID-19 and have no symptoms:
10 days after you received your positive test results

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 5:10 am
I think your kids are supposed to stay home and quarantine.
Don’t you have a doctor you can ask???

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 5:28 am
Thanks so much! Yes Ofcourse I will speak to my doctor but I wanted to know wat the shortest amount of time bec I was curious if we would be out by Purim.
Ofcourse my kids will quarantine but why do some people say they should/ shouldn’t test their kids for covid/ antibodies if there’s no symptoms?

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 5:36 am
Never heard of not quarantining kids whose parents have covid unless the kids have high enough antibodies now.
Your kids could be infecting their teachers and schoolmates right now as they are possibly carrying covid which can take 2 weeks to show up as active after exposed.
My friend tested positive on Sunday and she said she’ll be out of quarantine before Purim as long as she’s feeling okay.
My family had covid last April so I’m not up to date with the protocols now. I do know that it was really horrible for us and that it’s highly contagious so you need to do everything you can to protect others.

imasinger

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 7:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much! Yes Ofcourse I will speak to my doctor but I wanted to know wat the shortest amount of time bec I was curious if we would be out by Purim.
Ofcourse my kids will quarantine but why do some people say they should/ shouldn’t test their kids for covid/ antibodies if there’s no symptoms?

People say all kinds of things, and for all kinds of reasons.

OP, what would your reaction be if someone asked you to find the rov who would give the most lenient opinion about, say, letting your kids have unfiltered internet? Wouldn't you counsel that person to ask their own rov, and not seek the most lenient opinion, because that practice could be really dangerous?

That's what comes to my mind when I see a post asking for the most lenient doctor, so that the family can enjoy Purim. You don't want your family's enjoyment to come at the cost of spreading an illness that could cost someone's life or long-term health.

Ask your own doctor, follow the CDC procedures if possible. Quarantine is not fun, and I feel bad for you, but it's the right thing if that's what your own doctor says. Feel better!

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 7:26 am
Dr. Shanik says 10 days from onset of symptoms for you and 14 days for everyone else. I don’t know about antibodies but my vaccinated husband was allowed to go out.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 10:13 am
10 days for you from your first symptoms which will be Sunday also to be fever free for 24 hours so if you still have a fever on day 11 you cant come out of quarantine. Your kids have to quarantine 10 days from their last exposure to you. more strict would be 14 days

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 10:15 am
have your kids been tested for antibodies? When we had COVID back in March, my youngest DD had a mild stomach ache. We didn't think she had COVID till we did the antibody blood test, but yep, she had them!

So if your DH has antibodies, there's a chance some of your kids might also have them, and then they wouldn't have to quarantine.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 10:58 am
Chayalle wrote:
have your kids been tested for antibodies? When we had COVID back in March, my youngest DD had a mild stomach ache. We didn't think she had COVID till we did the antibody blood test, but yep, she had them!

So if your DH has antibodies, there's a chance some of your kids might also have them, and then they wouldn't have to quarantine.

We will test them soon thanks for the info!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:01 am
Call your kids schools some have super lenient rules (I’m not happy about it). Especially if kids have antibodies. 1/2 my kids have antibodies. No adults have so it’s possible that they have.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:08 pm
It troubles me that you are not looking for the most accurate information, but rather the most lenient information.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:15 pm
Op, what did your dr say?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:21 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Op, what did your dr say?

10 days from the onset of symptoms as long as the last three days are symptom free

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:24 pm
Chayalle wrote:

AFAIK, there's no official source stating that you don't have to quarantine due to exposure if you have antibodies; only if you had covid in the last 3 months. Do you have a source for this?

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:25 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
It troubles me that you are not looking for the most accurate information, but rather the most lenient information.

To be fair, she's looking for information from doctors, not Dr. Google or self-proclaimed experts.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 1:57 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:

I'm sorry that you are troubled!

mha3484

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:30 pm
I had one kid test positive and another one who really really does not do well with medical tests (think last time he needed to be tested for strep it took two of us to hold him down type of kid) so I was very hesitant to put him through a nasal swab if I was keeping him home anyway. I think that is a reason many dont test kids if the kid has no symptoms.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:57 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
AFAIK, there's no official source stating that you don't have to quarantine due to exposure if you have antibodies; only if you had covid in the last 3 months. Do you have a source for this?

My pediatrician (dr Shanik) said if anyone tests positive for antibodies within 90 days they don’t need to quarantine.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 4:01 pm
Antibodies are not the end of quarantine! What if you caught a different strain? We have the British one, the South African one, the Californian one...

People with antibodies can still pass it on, they just won't get sick! The virus could be inside your nose and they are breathing it out, infecting others....

If anyone is sick in your home- everyone must quarantine
!!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics