Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
After Covid, how do I know (or prove) I'm negative?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:11 am
After Covid, how do I know I'm negative?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:13 am
CDC says you need to meet these criteria:
10 days since symptoms started
24 hours with no fever without the aid of tylenol
Symptoms have been improving
Then you can go out on the 11th day.

If your work or school requires negative test, the you do need to get testing. That's what my family did. They did rapids that were BH negative.

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:15 am
Those who were exposed and in quarantine, need to wait 14 days from last exposure to the positive person.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 12:20 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Those who were exposed and in quarantine, need to wait 14 days from last exposure to the positive person.

I currently have covid and was told by the state of NJ that 3 days after exposure plus a negative covid test is enough to end quarantine for those exposed. My doctor said 5 days plus negative test.

dankbar

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:51 pm
Doh told me not to take repeat covid test because it can still show up as positive long after you're done so it just might lengthen quarantine time, for no reason.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 3:07 pm
Negative tests are for people who were exposed to prove that they were not affected.

If you had a positive test, you don’t need negative to test out. You will likely test positive beyond your required quarantine time, 10 days from onset of symptoms + 24 hours fever free + improvement of symptoms (US)

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 3:07 pm
dankbar wrote:
Doh told me not to take repeat covid test because it can still show up as positive long after you're done so it just might lengthen quarantine time, for no reason.

The negative test I was referring to is for people who were exposed, not for the actual person who had covid. The person with covid doesn’t need to get a negative test
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics