Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Israel Instituting Two Tiered Access System - Green Badge
1  2  3  4  Next

Amarante

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:58 am
Israel is instituting a Green Badge which will enable those with proof of vaccination or recovery from COVID with access to public settings.

I think this is the wave of the future as soon as vaccine shortages aren't preventing people from being vaccinated. And I think it's a good thing - those who don't want to be vaccinated can isolate themselves the way they told we people who did social distance/quarantine etc. we should if we were so scared. Smile What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s cabinet voted this week to open shopping malls and museums to the public, subject to social distancing rules and mandatory masking. For the first time in many months, gyms, cultural and sports events, hotels and swimming pools will also reopen, but only for some.

Under a new “Green Badge” system that functions as both a carrot and a stick, the government is making leisure activities accessible only to people who are fully vaccinated or recovered starting from Sunday. Two weeks later, restaurants, event halls and conferences will be allowed to operate under those rules. Customers and attendees will have to carry a certificate of vaccination with a QR code.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/0.....epage

keym

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 12:14 pm
What about kids and teens?
We were talking about this today? Will a 14 year old unvaccinated kid be allowed to fly or go out to eat even if the CDC and WHO are saying not to give the vaccine under 16- it hasn't been tested yet.

Amarante

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 12:37 pm
keym wrote:
We were talking about this today? Will a 14 year old unvaccinated kid be allowed to fly or go out to eat even if the CDC and WHO are saying not to give the vaccine under 16- it hasn't been tested yet.

Obviously there are gray areas. All I know about specifics are from the article and it seems as though they are focused on non-essential things. Dining in a restaurant is not a necessity and is a high risk activity. This would enable restaurants to open because the experience would be as safe as it could be and those who weren't vaccinated could get take out if necessary.

The article didn't mention flying or other public transportation but really only optional events - so it is more like an incentive because there is no way for these types of things to be safely opened until people are vaccinated or there is herd immunity.

I wouldn't do any of these things including eating in a restaurant unless I was vaccinated. It's a way to open up the economy.

I think the issue of children will be less of an issue since it is my understanding they are currently testing vaccines on children.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:01 pm
This is sickly reminiscent of a yellow star badge Puke Just saying

rae

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:07 pm
I know. It won’t end there. Once power is given, the government doesn’t give it back that easily.
This is a scary road. You might be happy now but where will this end?

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:08 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
This is sickly reminiscent of a yellow star badge Puke Just saying

Give me a break.
Any person, of any gender, race, religion, zxual orientation, can access this green card. For free. Your choice.
People who are medically unable to will receive exemptions.

How on earth is that exactly reminiscent of a yellow star badge? Your comparison is appalling.

rae

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:09 pm
The concept of having to first prove your health in order to take part in basic life activities is scary. Throughout history, that’s how genocide started

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:10 pm
rae wrote:
I know. It won’t end there. Once power is given, the government doesn’t give it back that easily.

I don't know where it will end. But I live in Israel and I, for one, will be very happy to be able to go out and about my business once again without fear of catching corona.

Rappel

keym wrote:

I know they're already doing testing to see if this is safe for children. Assuming it is, I imagine we'll get to vaccinate our kids soon.

For the poster whom said this seems like a yellow badge - not really. It's called a green passport in Hebrew, and people have been fighting to register for theirs. The system keeps crashing because so many are applying at once. It means that instead of needing to test everyone, or put public health at risk, we'll be able to flash our digital documents at the door to any enclosed mass event, and go in. Life will be much more normal.

Iymnok

We got for DH and me. For some reason we couldn’t get for the kids. We’ll have to ask at the kupa.

rae

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:11 pm
https://www.mercurynews.com/20.....limit

As it stands now, they are just guaranteeing 90 days. So is green card good for 90 days. Then what?

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:12 pm
rae wrote:
The concept of having to first prove your health in order to take part in basic life activities is scary. Throughout history, that’s how genocide started

You don't have to prove your health. You have to prove you have taken precautions with everyone else's health.

And I believe in America too there were years when people were under strict lockdowns from Spanish flu and the like. With guards at their doors.

Rappel

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:12 pm
rae wrote:

Israel is not a free democracy. It actually works quite well in this society.

Rappel

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:13 pm
rae wrote:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/02/17/after-your-covid-19-vaccination-whats-up-with-the-90-day-limit

As it stands now, they are just guaranteeing 90 days. So is green card good for 90 days. Then what?

6 months, I believe.

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:14 pm
Giving the government this much power is very dangerous. I dont think this is going to end well. I predict rioting and civil unrest.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:15 pm
With Spanish flu the only people quarantined were those who were sick.

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:16 pm
Rappel wrote:
Israel is not a free democracy. It actually works quite well in this society.

Every time I'm in Israel there are hafganot and people burning dumpsters and screaming. So clearly it's not working so well

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:16 pm
rae wrote:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/02/17/after-your-covid-19-vaccination-whats-up-with-the-90-day-limit

Who knows? This is all very new. I assume they will reassess in 90 days.
I am guessing that we may very well have to redo our covid shots every year, just like flu shots need to be given every year.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:17 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
With Spanish flu the only people quarantined were those who were sick.

50 million people died....

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 2:18 pm
Personally I would be afraid that today its this

Next year its another medical matter

How soon are we from Logans Run

the year 2274, young residents enjoy an idyllic, hedonistic lifestyle within the protective confines of a domed city. The general belief is that when each person turns 30, they are reincarnated for another blissful life cycle. Those who know the much darker truth become "runners" and flee to a hidden sanctuary. When law enforcement officer Logan goes undercover to locate the refuge, he winds up instead trying to initiate a revolution with runner Jessica
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics