Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Paleo - where to start?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 18 2021, 11:01 pm
DH's doctor just told him he needs to go on a paleo diet and I am clueless. Does anyone have any recommendations for specific cookbooks, facebook groups, etc? Also resources for Shabbos paleo recipes would be very much appreciated. He's not such an adventurous eater, so I think typical ingredients/recipes will work better for him (vs "interesting" recipes). Thanks in advance!

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 11:58 am
Were a modifie paleo home. Here is a Sample Shabbos menu:
rolls made with rories grain free mix
Salmon made with garlic powder, coconut aminos, olive oil, honey
Tomato dip
eggplant made with avocado oil mayo, garlic confit
Regular chicken soup served with the veggies, skip the noodles, we use plantain croutons. Kosher for Pesach kneidel mix may be paleo approved
Regular potato kugel made with olive or avocado oil
Roasted veggies
Maple balsamic baked chicken
Apple pear cranberry crisp with grain free topping made from almond, coconut and cassava flours sweetened with coconut sugar and bound with coconut oil

Shabbos day:
same fish, or herring and almond flour/kosher for Pesach crackers.
Egg salad, liver, big vegetable salad
Grain and bean free cholent, rorie from full n free has a recipe on her website, I think it’s butternut squash and cauliflower and some other stuff.
Simple mills brownies and fresh fruit for dessert

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 12:59 pm
This is super helpful, thank you so much for taking the time out to reply!
Could you share your recipes for Maple balsamic baked chicken & Apple pear cranberry crisp?

Also where do you buy all these special ingredients - do you shop at a specific store or just your regular grocery?

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Feb 19 2021, 1:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is super helpful, thank you so much for taking the time out to reply!
Could you share your recipes for Maple balsamic baked chicken & Apple pear cranberry crisp?

Also where do you buy all these special ingredients - do you shop at a specific store or just your regular grocery?

Maple balsamic chicken
Sprinkle any bone in, with skin chicken with salt and pepper
Sautée 5 lg onions sliced thinly for about 30 minutes, add some maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and coconut aminos. Cover chicken with onions, bake tightly covered for 1.5 hrs on 350 and then uncovered for 20 minutes

Apple pear cran crisp
In a round Pyrex, peel and dice 3 apples, 3 pears (don’t must peel pears) and a handful of fresh cranberries. Sprinkle a little tapioca starch, drop of coconut sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon on fruit, mix to coat, let sit for a bit. For the crumbs in a separate bowl combine about half cup each of almond flour and cassava flour, quarter cup coconut flour, can also add slivered almonds or chopped walnuts. Add 2 T coconut sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and about 1/4 c coconut oil, combine by hand to form crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit, bake at 350 for about 1hr 45 minutes till fruit is soft and bubbly. In the summer I make the same with peaches, plums and blueberries.

Most of these items can be found in regular groceries these days. Except maybe cassava flour. I order it on Amazon.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 20 2021, 10:47 pm
Thank you!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise