Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Zoloft and sleep away camp
Previous  1  2

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 12:31 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Huh? Why would that ever happen?

Because teens are dumb. However, if the teens are allowed to bring Tide pods, they should also be allowed to bring their medications.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 1:59 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
That's disgusting.

No it isn't.
Your lack of sensitivity to the privacy needs of children may be considered disgusting by some.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 2:01 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
1. Lying is inherently wrong
2. You're feeding the stigma
3. You're contributing to the misuse of the word "vitamin" and leading to misconceptions about nutrition (not all supplements are vitamins either)

Do you have camp-age children on medication?

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 5:13 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
1. Lying is inherently wrong
2. You're feeding the stigma
3. You're contributing to the misuse of the word "vitamin" and leading to misconceptions about nutrition (not all supplements are vitamins either)

Here’s something to think about. This is a CHILD in a CAMP setting. This isn’t the place to ensure that the stigma around medication isn’t getting worsened.

May Hashem help you that you should never have a child on medication for a non physical ailment. Because you clearly have zero sensitivity here and I’d feel sorry for your kid.

My children are too young for any of this so I’m not trying to protect them; and I see nothing wrong with adults or children taking medicine that is helpful to them — your post just made my blood boil.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 4:34 pm
Have the camp nurse administer. Lots of kids have to go to the nurse for a dose, whatever it is. Not a big deal. My daughter was taking a med twice a day at one point so she had to go to the school nurse for her dose. Also no big deal.

Sorry about the amother who thinks meds vs vitamins is the hill she should die on. None of us care about your opinion but thanks for sharing it.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 4:37 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Here’s something to think about. This is a CHILD in a CAMP setting. This isn’t the place to ensure that the stigma around medication isn’t getting worsened.

May Hashem help you that you should never have a child on medication for a non physical ailment. Because you clearly have zero sensitivity here and I’d feel sorry for your kid.

My children are too young for any of this so I’m not trying to protect them; and I see nothing wrong with adults or children taking medicine that is helpful to them — your post just made my blood boil.
I’m not sure what her point here even is. The holiness of vitamins? And how dare you sully the metzius of vitamin with prescribed medication? I’m so confused but she sure is fired up.

At any rate, op I’m sure it will work out with hashem’s help. Smile

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 4:53 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
This sounds dangerous. What if another camper goes through her stuff and decides to try it?

I work at a camp and I’m shocked to hear that camps allow that. It’s illegal (at least in NY, and I would assume in other states as well) for campers (age 16 and down!) to keep their own meds (for the reason mentioned above-they are controlled substances and need to be stored responsibly).
The BOH visits every summer and if they notice any medication in a camper’s belongings, they give you a citation for it.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 4:37 am
Agree with everyone here to give it to nurse or someone part of camp administration. Regarding embarrassment I really hope it works out okay. One of my children is on medication for something physical probably for life. And so I’m hoping that if your child is embarrassed by the nature of their medication you can remind them that there will be many kids taking medicine for other things and so people won’t necessarily know what it’s for. Maybe even come up with a plausible minor illness that your child can mention if asked? (Oy. Imagine what the person who doesn’t let say vitamins cause it’s a lie would say to this.) interestingly and id have never thought this but my child when needed to take more doses a day and needed to at school was mortified and went from smiley to sad. So kids with physical can also be uncomfortable with all this. I say this to hopefully make you feel better that I guess it can be difficult regardless of the type of vitamins. And not to feel bad because of the specific type.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics