Home

Looking to buy a bassinet - updated info please!
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 8:47 pm
Hi, saw there were some older posts on bassinets.... but wanted new and updated info.
Currently expecting number 2 bH and want to purchase a bassinet for baby for first few months.
Dont want to spend too much - any leads? anything you'd recommend please? TIA!
Back to top

HelloG




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 9:14 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....7bf61
the cosleeper please pretty please. it can be a full bassinet or one side can open up to the bed. best investment ever. no need to schlep outta bed in the middle of the night to get your baby and put back
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 9:16 pm
AmGold wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....7bf61
the cosleeper please pretty please. it can be a full bassinet or one side can open up to the bed. best investment ever. no need to schlep outta bed in the middle of the night to get your baby and put back


Thanks a ton AmGold! appreciate it. however the amazon link says currently unavailable... Sad
Back to top

amother




Lilac
 

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 9:38 pm
I used the Halo bassinet for my babies and loved it!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 10:05 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I used the Halo bassinet for my babies and loved it!


Kk thanks!! Whered you get it?
Back to top

amother




Slategray
 

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 10:07 pm
I also got a halo though haven’t used it yet as baby is still in utero but I’m very excited for it. You can buy it online in many places including Amazon but if you’re looking to save many people sell them second hand in great condition for a fraction of the price. Definitely search Facebook marketplace if you can or just google it
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 10:08 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I also got a halo though haven’t used it yet as baby is still in utero but I’m very excited for it. You can buy it online in many places including Amazon but if you’re looking to save many people sell them second hand in great condition for a fraction of the price. Definitely search Facebook marketplace if you can or just google it


Kk thanks. I appreciate it.
Back to top

amother




Purple
 

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 10:46 pm
Halo bassinet is the best!
Back to top

amother




Periwinkle
 

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 10:47 pm
I used halo bassinett for my last 2. love it. bought on amazon. when I got it, it was $200. or $250 if u want lights and sound.
Back to top

amother




Scarlet
 

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 10:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks a ton AmGold! appreciate it. however the amazon link says currently unavailable... Sad

This is the same idea https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....8c984
I’m due any day now bez”h and planning to get this.
I searched the halo bassinet, but it looks like the sides are stiff and can’t be lowered like the one I posted.
Back to top

amother




Slategray
 

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 10:57 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
This is the same idea https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....8c984
I’m due any day now bez”h and planning to get this.
I searched the halo bassinet, but it looks like the sides are stiff and can’t be lowered like the one I posted.


Halo has a side that you put your arms down to get the baby and it automatically lowers 😉
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 7:25 am
Thanks so much for all your responses!!
Sounds like the halo is recommended... gonna see if I can get iyH.
Also how long do you keep baby in bassinet for?
My first we did 3 months...
Back to top

amother




Bronze
 

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 7:26 am
https://evlas.com/collections/.....-crib

I just got this a few months ago and am thrilled with it, but I see it’s sold out. Maybe reach out to the company and see if they will be back in stock. I just don’t like that there are no wheels, but it still works for me. I did not want the halo because the side doesn’t stay down. I like reach over to soothe my baby, hold his hand etc.
I wonder though if I would have been happier with a bassinet that rocks, because he sleeps much better in his swing. So that’s something to consider if you want that feature...
Back to top

amother




Bronze
 

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 7:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much for all your responses!!
Sounds like the halo is recommended... gonna see if I can get iyH.
Also how long do you keep baby in bassinet for?
My first we did 3 months...

I just posted above about the evla and then saw this post. He’s still in it at over three months Smile
I did a ton of research before purchasing btw.
Back to top

newima




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 8:40 am
We chose the halo... many ppl recommended it- honestly we only used it sporadically for 3 months ... and actually our baby loved sleeping in the bugaboo bassinet that is used for traveling- so we used it for both as a carriage and bassinet converting it with the travel stand...

I guess it depends on ur baby
Back to top

amother




Tangerine
 

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:12 am
The chicco lullago on Amazon is amazing. It folds up into a tiny bag. It’s so comfortable the babies love it...
Back to top

challahchallah




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much for all your responses!!
Sounds like the halo is recommended... gonna see if I can get iyH.
Also how long do you keep baby in bassinet for?
My first we did 3 months...


I also loved the Halo. I used it until my baby was 4 months.
Back to top

amother




Slategray
 

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much for all your responses!!
Sounds like the halo is recommended... gonna see if I can get iyH.
Also how long do you keep baby in bassinet for?
My first we did 3 months...


Probably depends on your needs as well as baby but halo says you can use for up to 5 months/20 lbs or until baby can pull themselves up etc.
Back to top

amother




Wine
 

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:58 pm
We used the Halo and it was a great investment.
Back to top

Zehava




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 1:03 pm
I don’t like that none of the halo models come with wheels. That’s an important feature for me to be able to move it around especially when they’re sleeping.
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products

Related Topics Replies Last Post
7AM type of thing for bassinet
by amother
4 Today at 11:36 am View last post
When people buy for others
by amother
7 Today at 7:35 am View last post
Does anyone have the contact info for Rochel Miller singer?
by amother
12 Today at 1:57 am View last post
FAFSA--giving your child access to your financial info
by amother
6 Fri, Oct 15 2021, 10:48 am View last post
Where to buy meat boards
by amother
2 Thu, Oct 14 2021, 12:22 pm View last post