Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
So rude!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 11:13 pm
My husband owns a business and he is terrible at customer service. I've tried discussing it with him in the past, he doesn't agree and won't change how he treats his customers. I learned to stay out of it, I have nothing to do with the business and I can't change anything, so I just let it go.

Today I came home to a message on my answering machine from someone I know of from the community. I don't think I ever met her before. She was ranting and raving to me about how terrible my husband treated her and how could I let him act like this and she's never using him again.

She called another 3 times and each time she left another long message. I'm so mad at myself for not turning off my answering machine, because my kids heard every word of every message.

But I'm even madder at her. Why is she yelling at me? What do I have to do with this? I have nothing to do with his business. Call him and yell at him!

Ok, I just had to get that off my chest! Whew!

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 11:20 pm
you're 100% right. I don't know what your husband did but she stooped down to his level or worse by placing those calls. I'm so sorry, OP!

tweety1

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 11:31 pm
What the customer did was wrong in every way shape and form. But now that's it's done amybe it's a good opportunity for your husband to hear those messages even if your positive it won't help. It doesn't hurt to try.

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 11:41 pm
You should call her back and explain that you have no input into how your DH runs his business, but that you will certainly pass her messages on to him.

Give her your DH's business phone number or email and explain that this is the way to reach him regarding any other business matters.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 11:41 pm
Thanks both of you. I played the messages for my husband, he has all kinds of excuses and reasons why she's wrong and he's right. I don't even want to discuss it with him anymore. He's not listening to anything I say.

But wow, so rude of her!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 11:43 pm
DrMom wrote:
You should call her back and explain that you have no input into how your DH runs his business, but that you will certainly pass her messages on to him.

Give her your DH's business phone number or email and explain that this is the way to reach him regarding any other business matters.

I don't think I'm going to call her back. I have nothing to do with this and I don't want to get into it with her. She obviously knows how to reach him if she was doing business with him, she doesn't need me to give her his number.

yiddishmom

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 11:48 pm
OP, no need to call her back. It won't help. If something it'll make things worse because she'll think that she "got through to your husband" and start using you as the middle man.

My mother had to deal with numerous such people. And some people would even call me on my cellphone when they had an issue with my father's service 🤯🤯

imasinger

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 11:52 pm
Very rude!

I'd change the message on my machine to say, "you have reached the OP family. This machine is for personal calls only. For calls relating to [DH business], please call xxx-xxxx. At the tone...

DrMom

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:02 am
yiddishmom wrote:
OP, no need to call her back. It won't help. If something it'll make things worse because she'll think that she "got through to your husband" and start using you as the middle man.

Good point.

tweety1

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:10 am
imasinger wrote:
Very rude!

I'd change the message on my machine to say, "you have reached the OP family. This machine is for personal calls only. For calls relating to [DH business], please call xxx-xxxx. At the tone...

Great idea!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 12:11 am
I don't understand how people can do this.

My husband has an issue of remembering his appointments. Clients show up to his home office and yell at me for the wait. But then when dh arrives, they become the picture of sweetness. I guess they don't want to antagonize someone whose services they need, but have no problems yelling at me because they don't need me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette