Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Just don't feel well (story)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 6:09 am
My bubby, may she live and be well till 180, once went to her dr (many, many years ago) and told him that she just doesn't feel well. Nothing in particular , just overall. The Dr looked at her and said "lady, by the time you finish getting all your kids up, dressed, fed and out the door, you have exerted and entire's day worth of energy. Of course you dont feel good!"
I'm not sure why this story just came to mind (and I don't know what the dr recommended, although I would love to ) , but I thought I would share this for any other imas who "just don't feel good". Some food for thought.
Let's take care of ourselves so that we can feel good and take care of our families.

tweety1

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 6:12 am
I agree and I don't agree. Alot depends of the quality and quantity of sleep one gets a night. Sleep plays a big role in a person's health.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 6:16 am
tweety1 wrote:
I agree and I don't agree. Alot depends of the quality and quantity of sleep one gets a night. Sleep plays a big role in a person's health.

That may be right, but I generally sleep 7-8 hours of sleep every night (sometimes interrupted), and by the time my kids are out the door I'm ready for bed again.

ddmom

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 6:19 am
I' ve heard numerous variations from this story over the years and I don't agree at all.
When someone says they don't feel well, they're not just tired from sending the kids to school and taking care of the house!!! I don't think a dr should ever dismiss symptoms. If a mother took the time to make an appointment et come talk to a dr it means that there's something more than just being tired from sending the kids to school and she shouldbe taken seriously!!

tweety1

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 6:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That may be right, but I generally sleep 7-8 hours of sleep every night (sometimes interrupted), and by the time my kids are out the door I'm ready for bed again.

Interrupted is not quality at all.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 6:53 am
I feel like your talking to me. I just don’t feel well this
Morning. Not even worth going to the doctor for. Cannot see myself doing all the stuff on my list. Yes was up a lot with the baby so maybe that’s why. But I am beating myself up a bit. Like why can everyone else do it all

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 7:10 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I feel like your talking to me. I just don’t feel well this
Morning. Not even worth going to the doctor for. Cannot see myself doing all the stuff on my list. Yes was up a lot with the baby so maybe that’s why. But I am beating myself up a bit. Like why can everyone else do it all

Please don't be fooled. Anyone who knows me thinks I'm one of those who can "do it all". I'm really kinda falling apart. Sometimes. And sometimes not. Nobody is perfect.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 7:28 am
It's not just quality sleep, but also eating normal food and drinking enough contribute to overall feeling better
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics