Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Figdor (Lakewood dentist)
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 6:53 am
If you’ve gone to figdor s practice recently then what did you think? He’s added new doctors and they won’t let me see figdor himself anymore. How do I know if the new providers are any good?

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 9:16 am
I've seen Dr Grader there a few times. She's excellent! Really gentle, and has the same techniques as Dr Figdor for distracting the kids and getting them to cooperate. I won't say she better or even as good as Dr Figdor, but definitly good enough. It's a mazal who you get to see-they don't let choose.
Had her for a deep cavity in a kid that was really fighting and she managed here just fine BH.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 9:28 am
they dont let you choose anymore? saw the other one when she just started. kids felt more confortable. something about dr fidger gets one of my kids nervous. He realy good however so happy overall at his practice

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 11:05 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I've seen Dr Grader there a few times. She's excellent! Really gentle, and has the same techniques as Dr Figdor for distracting the kids and getting them to cooperate. I won't say she better or even as good as Dr Figdor, but definitly good enough. It's a mazal who you get to see-they don't let choose.
Had her for a deep cavity in a kid that was really fighting and she managed here just fine BH.

Ok that’s who my kids saw. I was super nervous about her doing work when I didn’t know anything about her. I didn’t even realize there was another dentist in the practice and when they said I couldn’t switch I panicked. Dr peykus is crazy booked. I’m going to keep my appt. thanks a mil.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 11:07 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
they dont let you choose anymore? saw the other one when she just started. kids felt more confortable. something about dr fidger gets one of my kids nervous. He realy good however so happy overall at his practice
They don’t let you choose, no, and they didn’t even mention when I booked the appt that it wasn’t with figdor. And then I asked for figdor to do the work and the secretary started going ballistic that you have to use whoever you get. I said it wasn’t personal, I just never had a practice like that before lol. I’m happy to hear she’s good. I didn’t meet her, my husband took them to the cleanings and he’s a terrible judge of people. I’m happy you say she’s good.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 11:14 am
She also filled my dc cavities and was quick and great

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 3:32 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
She also filled my dc cavities and was quick and great
Thank you! I just wanted to know my kids teeth are being taken care of.

frieda967

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 2:37 pm
Please update on their practice!! Has it gone downhill? So many mixed reviews.

Anyone has experience with shore and can compare the 2?

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 5:23 pm
we used the woman dentist she was amazing. Whats terrible in that place is all their crazy rules. They beleive in the covid rules that make no sense. I think because people complained so much they eases up on it. another crazy rule they have is the xray room. it took my child an hour in their because they refuse to let me inside they claim its because of radiation. But it took an hour until they got my daughter to cooperate enough to press the xray switch they wouldn't even let me stand outside in the hallway. also makes no sense because they have to deal with people walking past. Why not let me stay until they press the button so my child sees I'm there. I'm hoping more people would complain instead of smile at the crazy rules.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 5:36 pm
I actually use both Figdor and Shore for different kids. Figdor is nice and good but Shore is waay more child friendly and deals better with the kids (but this opinion is only going with Dr. Grader because each time I went I get her)

I feel like Shore is nicer in a way altogether.

BH my kids don't have many cavities and with Figdor all they give you is a toothbrush. They only give prizes for fillings so my kids really don't love that part of it (I gotta spend money and by them a small treat after)

I have no complaints against Fidgor. I just feel like Shore is friendlier. the dentists explain things more and are more eager to make sure the kids are happy there. Shore has much more of a warm feeling. But I'd recommend both!

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 5:41 pm
Did you feel shore overtreated and Figdor undertreats?
Please don’t feel bad giving negative info or stories I will take with a grain of salt. I really want to choose the best overall for the kids. But I don’t want cavities treated if they are tiny and should take a wait and see approach. But I don’t want them overlooked either.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 6:10 pm
I just took my kids to Dr figdor.

At the cleaning they told me they both had cavities, and showed them to me on the xrays.

When we came to fill it, the dentist was an older woman, I don't remember her name but I believe it started with a G. She told me the cavities are so tiny that she doesn't want to cut into the teeth, so she sealed them and said we'll watch to see what happens.

I don't love that the cleanings are done in a big room without privacy, but that alone isn't enough to make me switch practices.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 7:41 pm
amother [ Kiwi ] wrote:
Did you feel shore overtreated and Figdor undertreats?
Please don’t feel bad giving negative info or stories I will take with a grain of salt. I really want to choose the best overall for the kids. But I don’t want cavities treated if they are tiny and should take a wait and see approach. But I don’t want them overlooked either.

both exactly the same

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 7:42 pm
amother [ Stoneblue ] wrote:
I just took my kids to Dr figdor.

At the cleaning they told me they both had cavities, and showed them to me on the xrays.

When we came to fill it, the dentist was an older woman, I don't remember her name but I believe it started with a G. She told me the cavities are so tiny that she doesn't want to cut into the teeth, so she sealed them and said we'll watch to see what happens.

I don't love that the cleanings are done in a big room without privacy, but that alone isn't enough to make me switch practices.

interesting, because my dd just had 2 tiny cavities and dr. G. was more than happy to fill it even after I questioned it becuase of how small it was and that it was on baby teeth.

I feel like with these types of things Shore and Figdor are pretty much the same

amother
Kiwi

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 5:06 am
Can anyone else weigh in on this?

I have very sensitive kids, plus my own horrible experience with childhood dentists so I want my kids to have the least treatment done in the most healthy way!

I’m also literally getting opposite reviews about Figdor’s practice (I know for a fact he’s great but you can’t always get him himself…)

So child friendly vs. yelling at the kid
Treat too much vs treat too little
Patience vs. forcing the kid to sit.

Check the google reviews.

amother
Poppy

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 5:10 am
I never experienced any yelling for forcing or impatience there. I have always been impressed with the staff at how good they are with kids.
I can’t compare to Shore cuz never used them.

Yes the front desk staff is annoying about masks...

amother
Acacia

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 5:18 am
there is one newer dentist at figdor that is harsh on kids, when I made the appt with her they did say she wont work on kids that need laughing gas. I was fine with that. My husband took my son and she was very mean to him, but once he was under control she did a good job. Not talking about the older lady, she was very gentle and speaks gently to the kids.
If you really want a good dentist to deal with anxious kids, Ive heard amazing things about Dr. Simchi, I think he based in teaneck (not jerseycare). I heard of pple whose kids were terrified and he gets the work done, he does magic tricks and a bunch of stuff to make the kids feel so comfortable.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 5:27 am
My husband brings the kids. I was relying on this post that people thought the dentists were good. My kids didn’t complain about bedside manner. I still wish they’d let me choose which dentist to book though. When we started going there I believe only Figdor worked there, which I really preferred.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 6:03 am
Super nasty secretary's, ( feel like they are anti semantic, )spoke to lots of ppl that left their practice since they are hard to deal with, cant come a minute late, if your child gives a little flinch they will only work on him if they do surgery, wait time to fill a cavity is 9mnths,
(Based on Jackson and Toms River office)
Loads if luck!

amother
Vanilla

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 6:05 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Super nasty secretary's, ( feel like they are anti semantic, )spoke to lots of ppl that left their practice since they are hard to deal with, cant come a minute late, if your child gives a little flinch they will only work on him if they do surgery, wait time to fill a cavity is 9mnths,
(Based on Jackson and Toms River office)
Loads if luck!

This sounds like shore
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics