Home

In UK, I was offered vaccine...?
Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Babypink
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:00 am
In the UK
Back to top

amother




Pearl
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:09 am
My sister in her 20s got text from surgery with vaccine apt. No idea why she is eligible so early. I have a feeling it may have to do with your surgery or doctor, because there are definitely many older than her who haven't been offered. She has no medical condition bh.
Back to top

amother




Olive
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:26 am
I would not take it, even if it was offered in my own home...
That's just me though...
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:30 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
If you've been offered it, take it. If you decline it, others won't get it faster. It may just delay you getting invited for one again. I just received a letter for one and I'm in my low 30's. I'm a carer for my son who's vulnerable so I can get one but I'm pregnant (early) so I'll be waiting. Plus I have antibodies because I conceived right at the tail end of having the virus. Don't feel bad, take it. Hatzlocho


I also thought that may be the reason because we are applying for me to be the carer of my son, but so far we have no paperwork.

I am just surprised I have been offered it because as far as I know, they are NOT prioritising teachers at the moment.
Back to top

amother




Ivory
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:32 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I would not take it, even if it was offered in my own home...
That's just me though...

Then again, you’re likely an anti-vax conspiracy theorist, so I don’t think OP was asking for your opinion.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:32 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Well I've now got mine so I'm happy for you to go ahead , OP LOL


HAHA LOL
Thank you!

My mum got it last week in the end. bh.
Back to top

amother




Babypink
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
HAHA LOL
Thank you!

My mum got it last week in the end. bh.


BH indeed! Good luck with yours x
Back to top

amother




Olive
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:19 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Then again, you’re likely an anti-vax conspiracy theorist, so I don’t think OP was asking for your opinion.


No, I'm not anti vax.

I heard people got Covid after the shot.
I don't take flu shot bc it's anyway not 100% effective. And I had Covid, it was so mild for me.
Back to top

amother




Ivory
 

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 12:39 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:

I don't take flu shot bc it's anyway not 100% effective.

“I don’t work because I may not end up the wealthiest person in the world anyway”- the logical equivalent of your argument.
Back to top

amother




Olive
 

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:51 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
“I don’t work because I may not end up the wealthiest person in the world anyway”- the logical equivalent of your argument.


Wrong.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 5:49 pm
Update:

I got the vaccine on thursday and its now sun and still feeling not very well.
thurs night felt very fluey and achey and over shabbos just did not feel quite right.

Its now sun eve and def bee feeling wierd the whole day.
Have a cold, sore throat and my chest feels a bit wierd.

P.S a lot of ppl at my workplace are now geting it.
I have to be careful about how im feeling, I dotn want to put anyone off.

Im just surprised how bad my reaction has been.
Back to top

amother




Floralwhite
 

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 6:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Update:

I got the vaccine on thursday and its now sun and still feeling not very well.
thurs night felt very fluey and achey and over shabbos just did not feel quite right.

Its now sun eve and def bee feeling wierd the whole day.
Have a cold, sore throat and my chest feels a bit wierd.

P.S a lot of ppl at my workplace are now geting it.
I have to be careful about how im feeling, I dotn want to put anyone off.

Im just surprised how bad my reaction has been.


Oh no refuah sheleima. I heard that those getting the Oxford vaccine are more likely to get unwell after. My dh had the Pfizer one and was fine bh. My bil had the Oxford one on Friday and was ill in bed the whole shabbos.
Back to top

amother




Babypink
 

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 6:34 pm
Refuah shlaima, OP. I'm sorry you're having this reaction Sad
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 5:10 pm
Thanks!

Bh Im still working, and chest pain has gone , just still not back to myself and dont know if I can blame it on the vaccine.
still have a cold and sore throat.

Everyone I know lately has had the oxford one and there are really mixed reactions.

My mil and (pregnant) sil were both absolutely fine.
so was my mum and one of my workmates.
so were a bunch of other people I know, but then I heard of 2 ppl also getting unwell with it.

looks like its really mixed.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Vaccine help for newborn
by amother
69 Today at 1:38 am View last post
Traveling from UK to US
by amother
6 Today at 12:18 am View last post
Did the vaccine mess up with your monthly cycle
by amother
12 Yesterday at 10:20 am View last post
Where to invest my money, UK?
by amother
0 Fri, Apr 09 2021, 9:59 am View last post
A question if you got the vaccine and are happy
by amother
37 Thu, Apr 08 2021, 12:11 pm View last post