Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anyone's obgyn advising AGAINST getting vaccinated?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 10:43 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
She was vax with the first one. They say that they're not vaccinated because in Israeli you're not considered vaccinated till the second dosage but all others that are sick or vaccinated with the first dose

What does a BIL have to do with her decision Banging head

Her BIL took down his Facebook post bec had she been vaccinated she could have survived. He is no longer fighting against the vaccine
Do you think he’d be doing that if she died if it?

Quote:
Her brother-in-law spoke to the Israeli media outlet, Kan, and explained that he was an avid anti-vaxxer. “I formed one of the most successful groups on Facebook against the vaccines. After this incident, I suspended it. When it happens in your backyard, you understand you need to think differently. We understand now the price of the coronavirus. I am against forced vaccinations, and I am not saying that people should run to get vaccinated. But we know that this disease is deadly and the vaccine saves lives.”

Bec that sounds exactly what an anti-vaxxer would do after a relative died of the vaccine.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 10:53 am
My OB is advising all patients to get the vax. However my general doctor that knows me well and has helped me in different health situations advised me not to get the vax while pregnant or after for a bit, to wait for more data. This doctor believes strongly that if one is generally healthy, eating well, and so on they have a very low risk of being hospitalized etc.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 10:56 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
My OB is advising all patients to get the vax. However my general doctor that knows me well and has helped me in different health situations advised me not to get the vax while pregnant or after for a bit, to wait for more data. This doctor believes strongly that if one is generally healthy, eating well, and so on they have a very low risk of being hospitalized etc.

What about risk of miscarriage?

The stories of pregnant women in the icu are scary. they are only a small piece of the picture. many many reliable sources have said they have seen miscarriages after the mother had covid.

Honestly I find miscarriages to be a bigger concern since its much more common.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 11:05 am
I'm only 8 weeks now. I'm in the uk, and was told I'm definitely not to take it until 12 weeks and after that it's up to me. But I said I'll see what the situation is like then. Bh the vaccine seems to be making the numbers come down now so hopefully we're out of a full lockdown by June 21st lol. I'll see what others have done by then, there will also be more data as the weeks go by.

I also had covid just before conceiving so I have antibodies for now.

abound

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 11:16 am
The woman who just died and her brother in law was a vocal anti vaxer was NOT vaccinated at all. Her family put out the statement when misinformation went out that she was vaccinated. She was debating the issue and was on the fence if she should get it or not but Never actually got any vaccines.
Do not publish misinformation. If you decide not to vaccinate that is your choice but dont make up stories to convince people of your position.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 11:28 am
Vaccine wasn't an option when I was pregnant, came out a month after I gave birth. My OB and Midwife's position on breastfeeding women receiving the vaccine was basically a risk assessment. As a SAHM, kids not old enough for school, mask wearer, social distancer, my risk for covid is lower than a health care worker working on the front lines, has kids that go to school, etc. Not that I should not get the vaccine. Simply that if I can wait for more research to come out (if the vaccine affects breastmilk at all) before getting vaccinated, perhaps I should. If my circumstances were different, they might have suggested I get it right away. It's really individual.

All that being said. Vaccines aren't even available for lay persons under 65 where I live. So even if I wanted to get vaccinated as soon as possible, it probably wouldn't happen until April.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 11:37 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Vaccine wasn't an option when I was pregnant, came out a month after I gave birth. My OB and Midwife's position on breastfeeding women receiving the vaccine was basically a risk assessment. As a SAHM, kids not old enough for school, mask wearer, social distancer, my risk for covid is lower than a health care worker working on the front lines, has kids that go to school, etc. Not that I should not get the vaccine. Simply that if I can wait for more research to come out (if the vaccine affects breastmilk at all) before getting vaccinated, perhaps I should. If my circumstances were different, they might have suggested I get it right away. It's really individual.

All that being said. Vaccines aren't even available for lay persons under 65 where I live. So even if I wanted to get vaccinated as soon as possible, it probably wouldn't happen until April.

In lkwd they were offering it to pregnant women. They had walk-in hours for them bec they are now so high risk.
I now someone lost baby late due to blood cot related to covid Sad. Unfortunately these stories are becoming common. Know someone else needed full hysterectomy due to post-covid blood cots.
Crying

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 11:42 am
My coworker’s sister passed away from Covid on Sunday. She was in her 8th month. The baby was born healthy via c-section last week. Four days later the mother of the baby passed away. She was not vaccinated.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 11:48 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
In lkwd they were offering it to pregnant women. They had walk-in hours for them bec they are now so high risk.
I now someone lost baby late due to blood cot related to covid Sad. Unfortunately these stories are becoming common. Know someone else needed full hysterectomy due to post-covid blood cots.
Crying

that's horrible

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 11:57 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Crying

Terrible
Is there nothing proactive we can be doing about this, like taking blood thinner injections during pregnancy? Anyone know? I'll ask my Dr when I go for my first appointment but surely we can't keep letting this happen chas vesholom.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 11:59 am
thunderstorm wrote:
My coworker’s sister passed away from Covid on Sunday. She was in her 8th month. The baby was born healthy via c-section last week. Four days later the mother of the baby passed away. She was not vaccinated.

This is too heartbreaking 😢
I know of someone back last march who bh survived but had baby born via emergency c section is here but brain dead. Its just having devastating consequences.
Everyone should get vaccinated!

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 12:00 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

That is tragic. As are all the other terribly sad stories mentioned.

May we know of no more suffering.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 12:05 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Terrible
Is there nothing proactive we can be doing about this, like taking blood thinner injections during pregnancy? Anyone know? I'll ask my Dr when I go for my first appointment but surely we can't keep letting this happen chas vesholom.

vaccines seem to be the best proactive measure.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 12:17 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
vaccines seem to be the best proactive measure.

I had covid just before I conceived though, how would I know if its causing blood clots?!

I'm going to get tested for antibodies in a couple of months and if I'm not covered then I'll obviously get vaccinated. I can't for another 4 weeks now anyway. I'd rather wait until I'm well into the 2nd trimester if I have antibodies..

tigerwife

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 12:38 pm
If you are concerned about the vaccine, is it an option for you to heavily SD until the end of your pregnancy? Maybe keep kids home, work from home? I understand the fear of the vaccine. Even just the high fever some people her post vaccination is dangerous. If only we were 9+ months post vaccination trials and were able to see for ourselves that it is fine!

However- getting COVID during pregnancy now is terrifying. It’s not just in Israel where there are many pregnant women on vents! I personally know two women in the tri-state who were in the ICU (and no, not vaccinated! Barely anyone I know in my circles was able to secure a vaccine until very recently) and I don’t know a lot of people. This is aside from the devastating pregnancy losses resulting from COVID. Your fear is valid, but that doesn’t negate that you must take extreme care not to catch Covid now.

sari00

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 12:39 pm
It's so hard to know what the right decision is here...much misinformation on both sides, that's making everything so hard to figure out- doctors aren't super decisive or feel confident in the vaccine bc of lack of data...
In Israel they seem to be using coercion which I personally don't agree with...

just our only hope is beH see the Geula really soon, Lots of davening for everything to get back to normal!

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 12:44 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I had covid just before I conceived though, how would I know if its causing blood clots?!

I'm going to get tested for antibodies in a couple of months and if I'm not covered then I'll obviously get vaccinated. I can't for another 4 weeks now anyway. I'd rather wait until I'm well into the 2nd trimester if I have antibodies..

Speak to your doctor and medical proffesionals to monitor you.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 12:45 pm
I am not currently expecting, and this may be controversial, but I would rather get the vaccine while pregnant and ch"v ch"v have something happen to the baby (which has consistently been shown not to be the case), than get Covid so badly I lose my life and leave my children without their mother - as we so tragically see happening in Israel.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 12:48 pm
I had covid pretty bad last March. I’m am BH 12 weeks pregnant now. I keep testing my antibodies and still have plenty. My OB told me he’s leaving the decision up to me. My general doctor told me that since I’m protected now with antibodies I should hold off but revisit the issue at a later date.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 12:55 pm
I gave birth a few months ago before the vaccine was available. I did strictly sd and wear a mask until baby was 6 weeks, but have been more lax since.
These stories about women getting covid and losing baby, dying, brain dead are horrific! Its so sad to hear such terrible things. I don't know what I would have done had the vaccine been available when I was pregnant. On one hand, it does seem to be preventing ppl from getting very sick. On the other hand, there isn't much data on pregnant women so we don't really know yet if vaccinating during pregnancy would cause similar death, pregnancy loss, long term damage.
It's so hard to know what to do. I think every mother has to listen to her own heart and not do something that she feels may harm her baby, whatever that choice is bec she feels forced to do it.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics