Home

How much would you pay?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:27 pm
Hi! I’m having a girl walk to pick up my dc from playgroup and walk her home. 15 min walk each way. I’ll be home when they get here. Is $10 a day enough? How much is reasonable to give? I asked her how much she wants and she said I should just take care of it. I want to be fair.

amother

Cerulean

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi! I’m having a girl walk to pick up my dc from playgroup and walk her home. 15 min walk each way. I’ll be home when they get here. Is $10 a day enough? How much is reasonable to give? I asked her how much she wants and she said I should just take care of it. I want to be fair.
what is the going rate for a babysitter in your area. I would suggest that she get at Least that amount

amother

OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:47 pm
I pay $10 for babysitting. So I guess it’s fair? Uch I wish she would just tell me!!

amother

Green

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:49 pm
If $10 is the accepted hourly going rate for babysitters, I think that is fair. It is less than an hour's worth of her time, but she's also walking there and back. So it evens out.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:51 pm
I would pay more than the hourly rate. Presumably if she is walking, she doesn’t drive and has to do it even in unpleasant weather? How old is she? I would guess $20 a time during the winter and maybe$10 during the spring /summer is fair.

amother

Forestgreen

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:54 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
I would pay more than the hourly rate. Presumably if she is walking, she doesn’t drive and has to do it even in unpleasant weather? How old is she? I would guess $20 a time during the winter and maybe$10 during the spring /summer is fair.

$20 for a half hour??

amother

Chartreuse

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 11:05 pm
You might be best off offering a weekly fee. Somehow, $50 a week sounds better than $10 a day.

amother

Green

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 11:22 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
You might be best off offering a weekly fee. Somehow, $50 a week sounds better than $10 a day.

Yes, and if you are worried it isn't enough, you can round it up a bit to $55 or $60.

Just One

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 11:22 pm
I think $10 is fair. It's nice if you throw in some extra when the weather's bad as a bonus

amother

OP

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 11:35 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:

That actually does sound better! It’s only 4 days a week, I might round up to $50 anyways (like poster above said for bad weather or what not). Thanks everyone!
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries