Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Sautéed Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes and Honey

Amarante

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 7:41 am
This was super easy to make and such an interesting combination of flavors. I have made Greek inspired dishes which combine a bit of cinnamon with tomatoes but I have never seen a recipe that turned into a pan sauce for chicken breasts.

I served with whole wheat couscous but rice or any similar type of grain would work well.

Sautéed Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes and Honey

Excerpt From: Ronnie Fein - Hip Kosher

Makes 4 servings.

The gently sweet sauce in this dish, with its tomatoes, honey, and cinnamon, combines flavors familiar in the Middle East. The dish is mild and pleasing and goes nicely with steamed couscous, rice, or polenta.

4 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
1 large onion, chopped
3 carrots, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
4 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon ground coriander
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Preheat the oven to 200°F.

Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and cook the chicken for 2–6 minutes per side, depending on thickness, or until they are cooked through. Place the chicken breasts on a dish and keep them warm in the oven.

Add the remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil to the pan and cook the onion and carrot for 2 minutes or until the vegetables have softened but are still crunchy.

Add the garlic, tomatoes, lemon juice, honey, cinnamon, and coriander. Cook for about 3–4 minutes. Season to taste with pepper. Spoon the sauce onto plates, place chicken on top and serve.

Chazak613

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 11:17 am
Thanks for posting! I made this for supper tonight and it was a hit. My husband told me a few times what a good supper this is. I didn't have honey so used sweet chili. It was delish

Amarante

Post Tue, Feb 23 2021, 1:21 pm
Chazak613 wrote:
Thanks for posting! I made this for supper tonight and it was a hit. My husband told me a few times what a good supper this is. I didn't have honey so used sweet chili. It was delish

That was fast - It is just barely past morning where I am.

Glad you and your husband enjoyed it. Very Happy

The sub of the sweet chile sauce makes sense since it is sweet but has a bit of a kick which raises the tastes going on.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey