Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What to do to the sleeves/straps to make this more "Yiddish"
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 9:47 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
It's a jewish company and it was made with the purpose of wearing a shell underneath and to wear as a robe. I feel like this is the type of thread if you don't get it just scroll on. Why do people have to be rude and jump on someone's word like yiddish or say they don't like the style? And btw the past few years in the non jewish fashion world which you all seem to follow, wearing a tshirt under straps has been the in style.

This company and the other frum companies do not have the dressed made for them. Everything is purchased from a supplier who offers the same items to other buyers. I can tell you with almost 99% certainty, this garment and others in the stores we shop at are not made by frum manufacturers, even if the store claims it is. There are SOME frum manufacturers (like Mikah and others) who DO have everything made FOR THEM specifically, but when thats the case you can tell because it is reflected in the price and style. I am willing to bet a LOT that this dress, while very cute, is not made for this store only and that it was made for the non-frum consumer in mind.

OP, I think its a darling dress and the photo someone posted with the long sleeve top under it (not a tight shell) was adorable. If it is in your price range, I would TOTALLY get it and enjoy! I also know this is a very common style and you can 100% find the same kind of dress for a lot less in many other places. Enjoy it on your daughter! It is very cute.

Skippy!!

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 9:49 am
Ask the store for some extra material and make wider shoulder straps.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 10:09 am
watergirl wrote:
This company and the other frum companies do not have the dressed made for them. Everything is purchased from a supplier who offers the same items to other buyers. I can tell you with almost 99% certainty, this garment and others in the stores we shop at are not made by frum manufacturers, even if the store claims it is. There are SOME frum manufacturers (like Mikah and others) who DO have everything made FOR THEM specifically, but when thats the case you can tell because it is reflected in the price and style. I am willing to bet a LOT that this dress, while very cute, is not made for this store only and that it was made for the non-frum consumer in mind.

OP, I think its a darling dress and the photo someone posted with the long sleeve top under it (not a tight shell) was adorable. If it is in your price range, I would TOTALLY get it and enjoy! I also know this is a very common style and you can 100% find the same kind of dress for a lot less in many other places. Enjoy it on your daughter! It is very cute.

Owner is a close relative of mine.
The clothing and designs are most definitely made just for them.
If you find it anywhere else it's a copy.
Flowers and designs are unique. They have a whole team of designers.

I like what Skippy suggested. They do have extra fabric of all their dresses at no charge. They also have really nice service. And stand behind their stuff.

And ftr, I really like that dress.

Last year we got maxi dresses and a nonjewish store for $20 that comes with adjustable straps/length. So ill be using it again this year. But if not I likely would have gotten these. The floral is so delicate and cute for little girls.

There are tons of different clothes out there to choose from. No need to knock a Jewish company.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 10:48 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Owner is a close relative of mine.
The clothing and designs are most definitely made just for them.
If you find it anywhere else it's a copy.
Flowers and designs are unique. They have a whole team of designers.

I like what Skippy suggested. They do have extra fabric of all their dresses at no charge. They also have really nice service. And stand behind their stuff.

And ftr, I really like that dress.

Last year we got maxi dresses and a nonjewish store for $20 that comes with adjustable straps/length. So ill be using it again this year. But if not I likely would have gotten these. The floral is so delicate and cute for little girls.

There are tons of different clothes out there to choose from. No need to knock a Jewish company.

Fascinating. It seems like a complete waste to order clothing that none of your customers can wear out of the store.

Sprinkles1

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 10:53 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Fascinating. It seems like a complete waste to order clothing that none of your customers can wear out of the store.

Why cant they wear it? Its a jumper, its meant to be worn with a shell/blouse, just like a skirt.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 10:54 am
watergirl wrote:

This store and many others do have the dresses made especially for them. No one else sells them.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 11:01 am
watergirl wrote:

A lot of Jewish manufacturers have started designing and manufacturing their own clothing. Among them are kidi chic, Tottini, Junees. There are Jewish owned factories in Montreal that exclusively design and manufacture under their own label.

A neighbor of mine does clothing design for Jewish companies. And another did fabric production and did custom runs for frum companies. And sometimes the fabric he’ll recognize from mass runs.

I do agree I think it’s silly to make clothing that needs to be changed. I go to frum stores to buy clothing that can be worn out of the store. Not that looks like spaghetti straps from old navy or target.

About 20 yrs ago when shells and spaghetti straps were in style ppl stopped buying in frum stores as much bec you can find it in target. Then frum stores went back to making fully tzinius clothing. It costs much more money to make a dress with shoulders and sleeves then just straps.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 11:04 am
Sprinkles1 wrote:
Why cant they wear it? Its a jumper, its meant to be worn with a shell/blouse, just like a skirt.

Right, but why would customers go to the expense and inconvenience of dealing with a Jewish store for an item they can buy at any chain store for half the price?

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 11:10 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Right, but why would customers go to the expense and inconvenience of dealing with a Jewish store for an item they can buy at any chain store for half the price?

I did not see a sundress at a department store that's as nice as what the local stores are selling. The one's from department stores aren't shabbos'dig.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 11:13 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
I did not see a sundress at a department store that's as nice as what the local stores are selling. The one's from department stores aren't shabbos'dig.

Ok, that's a good reason.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 11:18 am
Most people around me would put a shell under this but I'm not comfortable with the thin straps and also don't do sleeveless for babies. That's a personal/family yiddishkeit sensitive. So many customers would be happpy with these small straps and a shell underneath.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 11:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Most people around me would put a shell under this but I'm not comfortable with the thin straps and also don't do sleeveless for babies. That's a personal/family yiddishkeit sensitive. So many customers would be happpy with these small straps and a shell underneath.

Is that a tznius thing? I never heard of anyone doing that and im chassidish

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 11:39 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Is that a tznius thing? I never heard of anyone doing that and im chassidish

It's not a tznius thing. I'm chassidish and you wouldn't find our parents generation or really people 30 and over putting sleeveless or no socks (bobby socks not tights lol) on babies It doesn't have a yiddishe taam. Don't know how to explain it.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 11:44 am
Why on earth would you pay so much money, when you can get the same thing for $4.00?

https://www.aliexpress.com/ite.....23242

https://www.aliexpress.com/ite.....23566

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 11:45 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Why on earth would you pay so much money, when you can get the same thing for $4.00?

https://www.aliexpress.com/ite.....23242

https://www.aliexpress.com/ite.....23566

These are not maxi dresses.
And these are cheap junks that look like a shmatta on.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:03 pm
essie14 wrote:
These are toddler maxi dresses

https://www.amazon.com/UNACOO-.....FJKYV
https://www.target.com/p/girls.....34428
https://www.target.com/p/girls.....44841
https://www.target.com/p/girls.....44835
https://www.target.com/p/girls.....44388

this one is totally tzanua - no alterations or t shirts needed
https://www.amazon.com/GORLYA-.....JR3M8

https://www.amazon.com/Blibea-.....MYT54

You cannot compare any of these to what the local stores are selling. I wouldn't put any of these on for shabbos. What the stores are selling is way nicer.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:05 pm
You cannot compare any of these to what the local stores are selling. I wouldn't put any of these on for shabbos. What the stores are selling is way nicer.

The white sleeveless maxi from target was very similar to a lot of what I’ve seen

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:05 pm

I would like to start a spin-off regarding this statement. Would you mind? I have a theory about this.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:06 pm
watergirl wrote:
I would like to start a spin-off regarding this statement. Would you mind? I have a theory about this.

The local stores are more Jacadi caliber v the target things more Gymboree caliber. The materials and prints are generally more refined but not always.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics