Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What to do to the sleeves/straps to make this more "Yiddish"
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

tigerwife

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:10 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Right, but why would customers go to the expense and inconvenience of dealing with a Jewish store for an item they can buy at any chain store for half the price?

That sounds pretty awful. Perhaps they simply want to support their fellow Jews’ businesses. Jewish business does not equal “something to deal with”.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:10 pm
watergirl wrote:
I would like to start a spin-off regarding this statement. Would you mind? I have a theory about this.

Lol I have a theory that some people think that because it costs more it’s nicer. To me it’s all the same drek (I dont care for the style so wouldn’t buy either but certainly wouldn’t spend 85$) Also some drink the kool aid that the frum stores dictate style and trends and they’ll only shop there. Eager for YOUR theories

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:14 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Lol I have a theory that some people think that because it costs more it’s nicer. To me it’s all the same drek (I dont care for the style so wouldn’t buy either but certainly wouldn’t spend 85$) Also some drink the kool aid that the frum stores dictate style and trends and they’ll only shop there. Eager for YOUR theories

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. The Jewish stores do carry better materials and desigbs. It's like buying a velour couch from wayfair It's not the same caliber.

essie14

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:15 pm

I agree Smile

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:19 pm

No, I don't think that because it costs more it looks nicer. I shop mostly at department stores and I'm not a big spender. But certain things, like all these maxi dresses posted, cannot be compared to the one's sold in local stores. Quality wise and looks wise.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:19 pm
Most non Jewish stores don’t have strappy dresses out yet. It’s too early. Zara, h&m, old navy... will have soon enough.

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:20 pm

https://youtu.be/JFXmIh4P2dM

Watch this. A real experiment was conducted to see what people thought of Payless Shoes if they thought it was a high quality boutique. Watch the video.

I believe the amother who said the owners of the store THIS thread is about who said they DO design and manufacture their clothing. Why would she lie? So they make it.

I also believe if they took the same stuff from Walmart and charged $90 for it and called it "European" and put it in a frum boutique, people would praise the quality and pay for it. This is called "Confirmation Bias" and is a real phenomenon.

I will say, again, the dress in this thread is adorable, I am sure it is high quality because women in this thread say it is so I assume they know. This is just my theory on the general idea (re: the links people posted with similar dresses).

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 1:08 pm
watergirl wrote:
https://youtu.be/JFXmIh4P2dM

Watch this. A real experiment was conducted to see what people thought of Payless Shoes if they thought it was a high quality boutique. Watch the video.

I believe the amother who said the owners of the store THIS thread is about who said they DO design and manufacture their clothing. Why would she lie? So they make it.

I also believe if they took the same stuff from Walmart and charged $90 for it and called it "European" and put it in a frum boutique, people would praise the quality and pay for it. This is called "Confirmation Bias" and is a real phenomenon.

I will say, again, the dress in this thread is adorable, I am sure it is high quality because women in this thread say it is so I assume they know. This is just my theory on the general idea (re: the links people posted with similar dresses).

I actually worked for this brand for a while and helped with the design, so I can attest to the fact that all the clothing they sell has been designed exclusively by them, and manufactured for them.
Every single fabric has been handpicked by their team, and the quality by far surpasses those of ali/target etc.
Also, the maxi dresses are targeted for the clients who specifically want to wear long dresses on shabbos and There’s actually a huge demand for it in out community.

Their customer service is by far the best I've ever seen. (For the person referring to ‘dealing’ with jewish stores!)

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 1:10 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I actually worked for this brand for a while and helped with the design, so I can attest to the fact that all the clothing they sell has been designed exclusively by them, and manufactured for them.
Every single fabric has been handpicked by their team, and the quality by far surpasses those of ali/target etc.
Also, the maxi dresses are targeted for the clients who specifically want to wear long dresses on shabbos and There’s actually a huge demand for it in out community.

Their customer service is by far the best I've ever seen. (For the person referring to ‘dealing’ with jewish stores!)

I am not questioning this particular dress/store, I thought I was clear on that and if I was not, I apologize. People said upthread this store has their own manufacturer and I believe you all.

My further comments were re: a spin-off.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 1:14 pm
This style is one of the oldest and simplest to make. Remove the strings ans put wide straps. If the straps are half circle shaped, they will give the capped look.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 1:16 pm
watergirl wrote:
I am not questioning this particular dress/store, I thought I was clear on that and if I was not, I apologize. People said upthread this store has their own manufacturer and I believe you all.

My further comments were re: a spin-off.

I feel like the Payless thing intentionally chose people who were gullible and did not choose to include the people who said they were not happy.

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 1:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I feel like the Payless thing intentionally chose people who were gullible and did not choose to include the people who said they were not happy.

Anything is possible.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 1:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So frum ppl aren’t gullible?
And what ppl say is European or classic is just not. Strapless is not classic. What happened to last years classics? And the clothing is made in China and designed by Americans based on what Americans want and sold only in America. Ppl sound silly and gullible when they say things like that. Pretty much what ppl said in that video is what ppl are saying on this thread.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 1:29 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
So frum ppl aren’t gullible?
And what ppl say is European or classic is just not. Strapless is not classic. And the clothing is made in China and designed by Americans based on what Americans want and sold only in America. Ppl sound silly and gullible when they say things like that. Pretty much what ppl said in that video is what ppl are saying on this thread.

If Payless would sell leather shoes, they wouldn't be so cheap. Leather shoes in any department store aren't cheap.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 1:51 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
If Payless would sell leather shoes, they wouldn't be so cheap. Leather shoes in any department store aren't cheap.

Many shoes today aren’t even leather. There is a movement to stop using leather in the world.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 1:55 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Many shoes today aren’t even leather. There is a movement to stop using leather in the world.

Non leather shoes aren't expensive. Frum stores generally only sell leather shoes, that's why they're expensive. Not because it's from a frum store. Leather shoes are also expensive at department stores.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 2:35 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:

Payless no longer exists, but many of their shoes were leather.

You can get cheap leather shoes, and spend hundreds on non-leather shoes.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 2:36 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Payless no longer exists, but many of their shoes were leather.

You can get cheap leather shoes, and spend hundreds on non-leather shoes.

No way were Payless shoes genuine leather.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 2:47 pm
BTW, apparently they're back.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 2:50 pm
In general, as a customer, I really like the pastel stuff. I like their style. Nice neat stores. Friendly, helpfull but not pushy sales ladies. (They do not know the owner is my relative) The whole shopping experience is so pleasant. And above all their fit. They have different dresses/style/cut to fit different body types.
Some of their dresses are such type of styles/fits that all kids look so "dressed" and neat chunkier kids or skinny kids.

One of my kids is extremely narrow built and they are the only store I can shop in that has stuff that fits her nicely with no alterations.

I don't mind last years stock so I buy on sale often. $30 for a complete tznius dress that is ok according to school rules is a steal of a deal!

But there definitely are stores that will market shmatas as "european" or as "unique" finer designed stuff.
In the end of summer/ early fall my son had no long sleeve/long pants stuff.
I had a hard time finding fall winter clothing at department store. Even target didnt have anything in his size (other than jeans). Ths season all the stores got their stock very late. So I walked into one such boutique style store and they had horrible things. Very few long sleeve/pants but a 3-4 to choose from. Their stuff was ugly as sin and hell expensive. I found one outfit that was decent. But light colored pants. Price was much more than I wanted to spend but I figured ill get 2 full priced things then I'll wait for other places to stock up and buy cheaper. I was so dedparate, I took it to check out. Price was 48.99+ tax. Fine. I come to check out. The lady tells me its $48.99+ tax for EACH. pants and shirt. There is no way I can justify putting a toddler in $100+ clothing. Its not like they attend fancy events. He just needs clean clothes to make them dirty rolling in the mud. So that I can wash them, put them on him again and start the cycle assign. Lol.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics