Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Meat substitution?

miami85

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 9:37 am
I was going to make something for purim and the recipe calls for a 2nd cut brisket and I have a London Broil, does it make a difference? It's going in a slow cooker anyway.

tichellady

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:21 pm
I personally would not cook a London broil. it is meant to be cooked quickly on high While a brisket is meant to be cooked low and slow

Lets_Eat_Pie

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:50 pm
Ha, I totally thought this thread was going to be about meat substitutes (tofu, seitan, portobello mushrooms...) and was all excited to give the benefit of my expertise as a 25+ year vegetarian. LOL LOL

Carry on!

chili-n-cholent

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 12:53 pm
tichellady wrote:
I personally would not cook a London broil. it is meant to be cooked quickly on high While a brisket is meant to be cooked low and slow

I agree, London Broil will not get soft like brisket will
They are 2 totally diff cuts of meat
What type of recipe is this?

egam

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 1:24 pm
Absolutely not. You can substitute brisket with deckle or top of the rib. But London broil is not a cut of meat to use in the slow cooker.

miami85

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 11:08 pm
Well, I did it anyway and it came out perfectly--very soft and shredded nicely, so I guess I got my answer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen