Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
My husband has been leading a double life, wtd? (Purim fun)
Previous  1  2

Ihatepotatoes

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 7:53 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I’ve read this before on here. Was that u potato hater? Are u a hater of all carbs?

That was me. It's a yearly thing

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 8:00 am
PM me and I'll give you the name of THE. TOP. THERAPIST! It's that urgent!

(Don't worry, I won't keep sending you inappropriate pms until Yael has to ban me)

silverlining3

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 8:18 am
You nutcase.

I love your post, it made me smile.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 8:58 am
Playing devils advocate here.
Why can’t you try to accept him for who he is. I know it’s hard, but give him encouragement, tell him you believe in him, and that you know that he can change and be who he was.
May this Purim be the catalyst to heal him.

Hugs hugs. Just remember, people like this tend to try to pull down others, stay strong, stay eating stay unhealthy.

mirror

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 9:43 am
Did you meet your dh at a speed-dating event?

Note: Actual secular speed-dating event.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 10:46 am
Consult your LOR for guidance at once!

imasinger

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 10:57 am
OMG, are you me? My DH, who always was thin, has been doing keto for almost 2 years, and couldn't be happier. Some things are better left secret, that's what I say. Including which one of us has changed our weight the most, and in which direction.

Two pieces of advice. First, if you want to make him happy, give him his own shelves in the pantry and refrigerator for his passions. Ours is filled with all kinds of "goodies" from lemon blueberry tart keto granola for treats, to konjac "spaghetti".

Second, don't allow garlic chili almonds before bed. Don't ask how I know this.

Ihatepotatoes

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 8:01 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Playing devils advocate here.
Why can’t you try to accept him for who he is. I know it’s hard, but give him encouragement, tell him you believe in him, and that you know that he can change and be who he was.
May this Purim be the catalyst to heal him.

Hugs hugs. Just remember, people like this tend to try to pull down others, stay strong, stay eating stay unhealthy.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm going to have to get him drunk and while he's out cold somehow hypnotize him...... The trick is getting him to drink wine, his web browser was open to pages on how many carbs wine contains..

Redbird

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 8:04 pm
Read Laura Doyle, it will fix everything.

Ihatepotatoes

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 8:07 pm
Redbird wrote:
Read Laura Doyle, it will fix everything.

HOW. CAN. I. SURRENDER. WHEN . I . HAVE. THE. UTTERLY. INSANE. BURDEN. OF. EATING. THE. ENTIRE. GALLON. OF ICE. CREAM?????!!

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 8:31 pm
Ihatepotatoes wrote:
HOW. CAN. I. SURRENDER. WHEN . I . HAVE. THE. UTTERLY. INSANE. BURDEN. OF. EATING. THE. ENTIRE. GALLON. OF ICE. CREAM?????!!

Burden? I'll gladly take on that burden for you. Anything to make life easier for my sister!

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 9:55 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I understand it’s Purim so this is meant as humor but Very distasteful humor when so many women on this sight come here to pour their hearts out about the struggle of the real double life their husbands are leading.

I really hope this isnt a serious post... Sad

Einikel

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 10:03 pm
Jewish foodie where you at?!

shanie5

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 11:05 am
OP, I'm so sorry for you. But I'd like to try to bring you some hope. My dh's go to snack is cucumbers and celery. His go to meal I'd zucchini! I kid you not. BUT he eats so much of it and other 'healthy' foods that he is still far from thin. The trick (I learned this the hard way) is to keep buying those foods in large quantities. Keep serving them to him. More and more. [And if you can cook some of that healthy (shudder) food and sneak I'm some oil, all the better].
I hope this gives you some chizzuk and hope for the future.
Signed:
Where are those cookies

penguin

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 11:19 am
Note: Actual secular speed-dating event.

Talk about not focusing on chitzoniyus. It puts the whole shiddich picture question in a new light.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 11:49 am
Ihatepotatoes wrote:
So lately my husband has been acting very strange, like he's hiding something. When I tried talking to him about it, he would always push me off and not want to discuss it. This Shabbos, we were discussing how one of his cousins wrote a book about courage, and what courage meant, and he mentioned that he wished he had the courage to come clean to me about something, but he didn't have the guts. Anyway, I told him that we could make a time to discuss this, and I won't judge him for whatever it is. Shouldn't have made that caveat, but silly me. Last night, he put the kids to bed early, got a babysitter, and went to a local diner, where he said he wants to confess to something awful.

Turns out he's secretly become a healthy eater, specifically a quinoa lover. I thought something was amiss when he turned down those chips, but it's true. He doesn't eat nosh any longer, requested a salad at the restaurant, and begged off a recent trip of his coworkers to the Ice Cream House. I even noticed him sneaking downstairs in the middle of the night lately.Well, I snuck down after him last night and discovered that he's been up to doing terrible, really awful things. I saw him grab a knife, hollow out the leftover Half-birthday cake I got for him, and put in a not-to-large deli container of spinach salad. Turns out he's cooking healthy food after I'm sleeping.I was thinking of slipping unhealthy food into his healthy stuff, like serving him carrot muffins with 4 cups of sugar, but he saw right through me... I almost don't recognize the man I married. Once, he used to grill these succulent steaks, now he sounds like he's about to give the quinoa-oat address at a undereaters anonymous meeting...What shall I do??How am I to go on with this marriage? How can I even broach the topic again without exploding in rage?I'm so confused and don't know what to do, should he see a therapist?

My children are noticing and one even asked for sliced peppers for dessert, "Like Tatty". It's a terrible example for my kids, I don't want them to have a repressed childhood.

Can my gastronomically derelict husband ever regain his deleterious eating habits back, or am I doomed to having a *shudder* healthy family?

Your post was so so painful for me to read. I am currently separated from my husband because I found out recently that my husband was living a double life and spending thousands of dollars on nudes and cybers-x. I started reading your post ready to offer you my support and instead I was slapped in the face. My life is a mess- and so is my children’s because of my husband’s secret affairs and you just mocked all my pain.

Not funny at all

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:15 pm
STovah wrote:
It’s posted in the Entertainment forum.

Does everyone read the forum category before clicking on a title? I didn’t think to check if it was a joke before reading the post ... because why would someone joke about something so not funny

Maybe if I wasn’t suffering from my husband’s double life I wouldn’t be so quick to assume she was serious
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics