Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How do night feedings work

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:17 pm
My 2 month old woke up a few times last night but ended up falling back asleep without crying. I wasn’t sure if I should give a bottle or wait for him to cry. Do you wake up your baby to feed or if you hear the baby stirring get ready to give a bottle or wait till the baby is full on crying?

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:23 pm
A baby of normal weight and growth should not need to be woken to eat. If your baby is awake (how did you even know?) and falls back asleep without showing discomfort he is likely not hungry. Enjoy your baby as it sounds like ili are very lucky!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:39 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
A baby of normal weight and growth should not need to be woken to eat. If your baby is awake (how did you even know?) and falls back asleep without showing discomfort he is likely not hungry. Enjoy your baby as it sounds like ili are very lucky!

He makes tons of noise so I hear when he wakes. Funny thing is two weeks ago he was waking every hour so I’m confused.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He makes tons of noise so I hear when he wakes. Funny thing is two weeks ago he was waking every hour so I’m confused.

Maybe it was a growth spurt. Eithe way, enjoy the sleep!

challahchallah

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:46 pm
I don’t wait until a baby is full on screaming, but I do give it a moment to see if they are happy in their crib alone or seem like they want something. I would not want to be snatched out of my bed every time I rolled over or woke slightly, so I try to extend the same courtesy to my baby.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:47 pm
Babies are confusing:)
Never wake your baby to eat! You want them to know that nighttime is for sleeping.
If your baby eats enough during the day he should not have to wake up at night at all
If he does wake up first try giving the pacifier (might be all he wants) and only if he doesnt want it then feed him

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 4:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My 2 month old woke up a few times last night but ended up falling back asleep without crying. I wasn’t sure if I should give a bottle or wait for him to cry. Do you wake up your baby to feed or if you hear the baby stirring get ready to give a bottle or wait till the baby is full on crying?

I also have a 2 month old. I think if baby is hungry they’ll let you know. If your baby fell back asleep on his own I would assume he wasn’t hungry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics