Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Help! Desperate for ideas!!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 7:55 pm
So my DH (oh I am blessed to have him!!!!) has said that this year is a very pivotal year for the Jewish people...

Last year hamentashen was the Avodah he took on, on behalf of all of the Jews. And it was a really spiritual experience, especially the cholent flavor!

But this year he says that it's not enough. We need to do more for the Jewish people!

After spending all day for the past few months researching ideas (my minor part in his holy activities was to work, take care of the family, and make sure there were nourishing meals and snacks so he would have energy for the study), he concluded that we need to take on a number of new minhagim to elevate the world.

First of all, we're going to be eating 336 hamentashen on Purim night and Purim day (the Gematria of Purim) to ensure that the hidden miracles are revealed.

But more importantly, he says that Themes (which we always said were too non-Jewish for us) have become a holy Jewish custom and we need to adopt it. The problem is that he only discovered this novel insight today, and now I need to quickly come up with a brilliant and original Theme for our family.

I have been thinking and drinking and thinking in circles, but all I could think of is a liquor bottles theme, and DH says it could be Maris Ayin for the baby (who is under 21 even when I'm drunk) to dress up as Crown Royale. I said she could be a mocktail but he thought it would dilute the theme.

So I'm hoping you brilliant ladies can help out!

I need a super-creative costume theme for a family of 17, ages 15 to 2 months (with matching masks), coordinating Mishloach Manos, and a super-cute poem. Bonus points if we can have a Purim Seudah that goes with the theme. And all in time to assemble 336 (gulp!) Mishloach Manos! (We are renting a drone for no-contact delivery)

DH says no movie references, no non-kosher animals, and no alcohol Sad

HELP!!!

P.S. My costume has to be loose-fitting because I'm not sure what size I'll be after eating 336 hamentashen, and all of the chocolate we are given.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 8:09 pm
Since you have only 1 day to prep I think you are better off listing the props and materials you have on hand that could be used, and maybe somebody will have a suitable idea.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 8:22 pm
Hello to you again...

Just do a purim theme.
Dress up as characters from the purim story (you should have enough people even for even the 10 sons of haman)
Give a "real" mishloach manos - a basket with a bottle of wine, a hamantash and a fruit.
Write Happy Purim!

You're welcome

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 8:25 pm
Oh my, you will be soooo holy after purim, I'd love to send in a kvittel to you to pray on our behalf.
We only have half the amount of children to you and need a Yeshuah to be blessed with children in the double digits.
As for an idea for the hamantashen dilemma, might be a brilliant idea to rent an enterprise truck to carry the large amount of tashen for your entire brood.
So let's make a cheshbon. You will need 336 hamantashen x 19 people, - your two month old baby, x5 for you. You are eating for two people, I'm sure. Nursing a baby is very important for their growth and development, so the more you eat for the baby's development the better. Having 17 kids, I'm sure you're eating yourself alot too, from aggrevation and agmas nefesh. Tzaar gidul bunim (try typing those words, and let autocorrect do its job! It will turn into- Tzaar girl bunny) is not a joke...
Eating hamantashen is a great coping mechanism when you feel stressed.
You might need another truck to carry all of you guys home after purim from wherever you will be, after eating all those tashen! And then, check out all your kids tashen, cause they will be full of Nashen!!!

Last edited by amother on Thu, Feb 25 2021, 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

SuperWify

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 9:20 pm
Reb ZZZ why are you hiding under amother??

Oooh I know!!!!! I see what you did there!! Brilliant! You are doing the “hester panim” theme. I looooove it! You are too holy for me. Even when you use the Internet you upgrade it!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Feb 24 2021, 9:37 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Reb ZZZ why are you hiding under amother??

Oooh I know!!!!! I see what you did there!! Brilliant! You are doing the “hester panim” theme. I looooove it! You are too holy for me. Even when you use the Internet you upgrade it!

It's obviously Triple Z.
Zaftig Zig Zaggers.
You're Welcome.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics