Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
How to avoid post-fast headache

miracleshappen

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 11:03 am
Each time after I break my fast, without fail, I come down with a smashing headache. The debilitating kind that I need to go straight to bed and my whole night is killed. Wondering if there’s a way I can avoid this tonight as I need to hear Megillah later and start Shabbos prep.
Any tips?

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:07 pm
Caffeine and Tylenol suppository.
Just took one. They are amazing!!!

You can find Tylenol OTC in most pharmacies. Some Jewish pharmacies make and sell the caffeine version.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:18 pm
miracleshappen wrote:
Each time after I break my fast, without fail, I come down with a smashing headache. The debilitating kind that I need to go straight to bed and my whole night is killed. Wondering if there’s a way I can avoid this tonight as I need to hear Megillah later and start Shabbos prep.
Any tips?

Tylenol/caffeine suppository they are miracle workers!! U take one right when u wake up and one like 4 my fasts have been a huge turn around

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 12:58 pm
I take Advil when I break my fast.
Don’t overeat

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 4:36 pm
On a short fast, get up and drink and eat some salt prior to sunrise. Since it’s too late now, have some salt with your water so you hold on to your electrolytes. Advil always worked for me for pain

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 5:01 pm
Excedrin
Powerade

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Feb 25 2021, 8:55 pm
You have to be careful what you break your fast on. If your meal is too carb heavy your blood sugar spikes. At the same time you need carbs. So break your fast on water and melon. Eat mezonos or hamotzi stuff sparingly. I ate salad with a protein a piece of lasagna and some cantaloupe and I felt great no head ache. I usually get a headache. Also don't overeat
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note