Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Negative Test but has symptoms

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 8:47 pm
My family got hit with Covid this week. We all took the test on Tuesday they all came back positive the next day besides my 5 yr old daughter. Tuesday night (after taking the test before getting results) she woke up with similar symptoms to my other kids. Took her for another test on Friday got the results today and they are negative again!!
She has had all the symptoms as my other kids even worse then some of them (bad cold, headache, runny stomach, generally under the weather etc) It makes no sense that she is negative. It seem funny that I really want her to be positive but once we all have had it I would like us to be all immune together. Plus if negative she would have to do quarantine another 10 days after we finish our isolation...
I'm going to take her for another test this time a nasal one done by our DR (the ones we did is a self administered mouth PCR that are set up all around our area by our county/state) but I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 8:57 pm
Yes I have heard of this. Just assume she has it and treat as such. Refuah shleimah

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 8:58 pm
Hi, in the American OOT community where I live, the doctors, even the strictest, at this point would presume your child is positive, and would only have to quarantine ten days after her symptoms began. Some ppl never test positive!
But you should ask your dr if that's what s/he holds

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 9:05 pm
Quote:
Hi, in the American OOT community where I live, the doctors, even the strictest, at this point would presume your child is positive, and would only have to quarantine ten days after her symptoms began. Some ppl never test positive!
But you should ask your dr if that's what s/he holds

This is true in my community too
BUT the school will not count this as an "actual" positive. So if she is in contact with someone positive in the next 3 months, they wouldn't let her into school without quarantining.
I would definitely retest to try and actually catch the positive result (you can count the 10 days from when she got symptoms, not from when she tested)

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 9:09 pm
In some places having a positive recorded is beneficial. I’d retest

devo1982

Post Sat, Feb 27 2021, 9:59 pm
This virus sometimes makes no sense. My husband got a diagnosed positive via a PCR with the only real symptoms being extreme fatigue and loss of sense of smell on 12/29. 12/31, I started showing mild symptoms as well - fatigue, breathlessness, some chest pressure, some congestion. PCR test on 1/2 was negative, PCR test the following week was negative, so was the antibody test on 1/25. I have no explanation - the timeline fits, the symptoms fit, and even the public health nurse in my community said they would consider it highly likely that I had a mild case, but I have no answers as to what made me feel so utterly miserable (and the fatigue/shortness of breath lasted well past the end of my quarantine period).

I would just assume she is and act accordingly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics