Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
If busses are banned....

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 4:04 am

Then walk!

I've seen videos of helicopters flying in, people hiding in vans, and illegal tenders. People are desperate to go to Jerusalem for Purim and busses are being limited and even being banned to prevent overcrowding.

I saw another video of policeman letting not religious drivers through a blockage and forcing the religious looking cars to turn around.

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 4:06 am
Helicopters?

The majority of people who use buses do so because they can't afford cars. So these same people are going to hire a helicopter?

Rappel

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 4:09 am
I love Yerushalayim, but people need to chill a little.

e1234

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 4:34 am
but this was done unfairly at the last minute
my son came thursday with his wife (they live in yerusahlayim and her family is there)
they were told there would be no busses motzei shabbos but there were supposed to be on sunday.
Last minute busses were cancelled. - which is unfair - cars can go but those that can't afford cars can't .

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 4:42 am
e1234 wrote:
my son came thursday with his wife (they live in yerusahlayim and her family is there)
they were told there would be no busses motzei shabbos but there were supposed to be on sunday.
Last minute busses were cancelled. - which is unfair - cars can go but those that can't afford cars can't .

So annoying! I think that they way they handled everything was very last minute and poorly planned. It's not like they didn't know Purim was coming, and got surprised! Rolling Eyes

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 4:42 am
Lots of changes have been made at the last minute that are inconvenient and "unfair" this past year. The idea is to reduce the opportunities for gathering and partying that can lead to a rise in cases. It is not meant to punish people.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 4:45 am
Quote:

Then walk!

They're following the ancient tradition of aliyah l'regel. Just a bit confused about which chag it is actually traditional. Or else they are getting into training for Pesach.

Rappel

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:36 am
e1234 wrote:

They did that so people wouldn't rush into Yerushalayim at the last minute on Friday. I think what they did was very smart, considering the israeli mentality

As for cars - does that really get you around the 5,000 shekel fine?

Rappel

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:37 am
Elfrida wrote:
Quote:

Then walk!

They're following the ancient tradition of aliyah l'regel. Just a bit confused about which chag it is actually traditional. Or else they are getting into training for Pesach.

Helevai!

juggling

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:43 am
DrMom wrote:
Helicopters?

The majority of people who use buses do so because they can't afford cars. So these same people are going to hire a helicopter?

I think that helicopter was an RBS kid having a Covid-safe bar mitzvah party. Nothing to do with getting to Jerusalem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics