Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Advice needed . All the kids junk
Previous  1  2

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:32 pm
In my experience, the kids who begged their friends to share their snacks at school or even sadly were caught stealing from lunch bags in lockers were those who had moms who were health food fanatics and never let them have any junk food at all.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:34 pm
We went thru thr nosh last night. I let them keep a few and gave them between 10 ans 25 cents for others. Today they went ro a cheap prize store and bought a prize with it. I can't afford to let them keep all of it, as my kids have horrible teeth as it is.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:35 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
In my experience, the kids who begged their friends to share their snacks at school or even sadly were caught stealing from lunch bags in lockers were those who had moms who were health food fanatics and never let them have any junk food at all.
Maybe those moms became health food fanatics because they realized what a vicious trap junk food is for their kid? And unfortunately the kid still craves it because it’s everywhere? Is it better if she actually handed it to her kids? They’d eat what she gave and still go around begging for more.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:37 pm

I remember those kids. Half we're from "deprived" homes and the other half weren't.
Just everyone talked about the half that were from deprived home. See you only remember those.
I grew up with an unlimited supply of candy and cake and what not and my little sister would still beg her friends and neighbors for candy.

The hype will always be about those that society doesn't agree.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:38 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I remember those kids. Half we're from "deprived" homes and the other half weren't.
Just everyone talked about the half that were from deprived home. See you only remember those.
I grew up with an unlimited supply of candy and cake and what not and my little sister would still beg her friends and neighbors for candy.

Totally agree.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:38 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

I doubt your sister ever got caught stealing snacks from lockers, though.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:45 pm
I doubt your sister ever got caught stealing snacks from lockers, though.

My sister was diagnosed with ADHD and learning disabled. So ye she did plenty of those impossible childish stuff...My mom was typical imamother style who never connected lifestyle with health. Or just didn't want to think for herself. I lover her dearly nevertheless.
It is only because of my history that I am health conscious today. I went from having medication controlled lifestyle and eating American style food to health conscious and med free even after my nuerologist told me I shouldn't follow quackery and it won't help.

And only because I watch my siblings am I confident enough to make those statements because we have all types in my family and I can easily say that I have observed enough.

Society tends to dismiss those who bring out points they are uncomfortable facing.

I am also an educator now and can finger point to those students who ate a decent breakfast and those who had sweet cereal or something similar for breakfast.

And a sweet tooth or obsessiveness has nothing to do with the amount of candy a child is offered.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children