Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
9 month old not rolling over
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:14 pm
I’m very worried that my 9 month old is not rolling over or crawling.she is also in the 90th percentile for weight and feels really heavy to hold. Had her evaluated for PT at 7 months and they said wasn’t delayed enough then to qualify. Can’t have her evaluated again until 10 months but the fact that she’s still not trying to move out of sitting position or roll over really and above average in weight really worries me.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:15 pm
PM me I can give you tips on how to teach her

Last edited by amother on Sun, Aug 15 2021, 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:17 pm
Watch YouTube tutorials on physical therapy and do it yourself with your baby. You can learn anything from YouTube now if you have the push.

Also look into detoxing your baby from heavy metals that will hopefully going to help in long run with similar milestones.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m very worried that my 9 month old is not rolling over or crawling. Had her evaluated for PT at 7 months and they said wasn’t delayed enough then to qualify. Can’t have her evaluated again until 10 months but the fact that she’s still not trying to move out of sitting position or roll over really worries me.

If it helps, my toddler was never interested in rolling as a baby. She sort of did it by accident a few times and that was it. She started army crawling shortly before your daughter's age, but didn't move on to real crawling until nearly 11 months. She didn't walk until 18 months. She's doing great and I never worried.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:37 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Also look into detoxing your baby from heavy metals that will hopefully going to help in long run with similar milestones.

Do not do this.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:51 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Do not do this.

Why not detox from heavy metals?

silverlining3

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 6:05 pm
My child didn't turn over nor crawled till for sure a year old. (Started sitting only by around 9 months) Didn't walk until 17 months. But once she did, boy did she pay back for all those months... Simply a late bloomer.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 6:14 pm
Thanks to everyone commenting. Forgot to mention she’s also in 90th percentile for weight which baggies my mind because my other babies were never like that and dh and I both average/thin and were average/underweight as babies! She does not have more than 24oz formula a day and mainly eats puréed and soft fruits and veggies, sweet potatoes, string beans, and oatmeal. 3 solids a day, average baby portions to any other baby! She’s been sitting independently since about 5 months. We make sure to do lots of belly time yet cannot maintain quadruped position. I’m just so nervous about her weight and delayed motor skills!!Sad

Edited my original post to add the weight thing that worries me too

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 6:43 pm
Can you get PT through insurance or private pay?
The Board of Ed has different requirements.

Java

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 6:46 pm
Many kids actually skip the 'rolling over' milestone! it's not considered one of the essential ones like sitting or standing. (incidentally, many babies skip crawling too Smile)
I wouldn't get nervous unless she's still not standing or showing interest in movement by about a year or so

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:52 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
Many kids actually skip the 'rolling over' milestone! it's not considered one of the essential ones like sitting or standing. (incidentally, many babies skip crawling too Smile)
I wouldn't get nervous unless she's still not standing or showing interest in movement by about a year or so

As a PT I disagree, rolling and crawling both are important for sensorimotor development. Put her on her belly and hold a toy from her eye level then up so she tracks it to roll. If it’s not working you can get private PT, I assume you meant EI.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 7:54 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Why not detox from heavy metals?

Because all the detoxing methods are pseudoscience.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:12 pm
cutestbaby wrote:

I have a daughter in OT now who skipped some milestones. Usually there is a reason. My daughter has poor core strength and it effects her in so many ways. Coordination issues some behavior issues related to needing extra sensory output cuz she doesn’t get her sensory cravings satisfied easily like a reg kid. A lot of sensory issues. I learned the hard way, usually if they are skipping it’s for a reason and no a good one..

amother
Black

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:26 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Because all the detoxing methods are pseudoscience.

LOL you say this from which experience? Bc personal (and associated) would have it otherwise.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:33 pm
My siblings rolled over at 10-14 months walked around 2 years. Most of my children as well.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:34 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
My siblings rolled over at 10-14 months walked around 2 years. Most of my children as well.

That’s late. They probably would have be fitted from PT.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 8:53 pm
This is reminding me so much of my dd. Applied for services at 10 mo(which was late). Put her on her stomach only and "forget" that she knows how to sit. Definitely try to watch videos to help her learn to roll. Its very important to do every stage. When she started services at a yr they started from the beginning, rolling,swimming, crawling...

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:04 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
That’s late. They probably would have be fitted from PT.

But it was pointless. I don't see it having any other impact and it is way more convenient as a parent. Our pediatrician doesn't encourage it and says "brown kids walk fast" let them be. I don't like the racist comment, but I can't control what he says.

cuffs

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:27 pm
I would talk to your pediatrician. Sounds like she needs some muscle strengthening. No need to panic about it. Better to give her therapy now then when she's 5 years old and might feel different from friends because she can't run as fast as them or climb as well....

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 9:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks to everyone commenting. Forgot to mention she’s also in 90th percentile for weight which baggies my mind because my other babies were never like that and dh and I both average/thin and were average/underweight as babies! She does not have more than 24oz formula a day and mainly eats puréed and soft fruits and veggies, sweet potatoes, string beans, and oatmeal. 3 solids a day, average baby portions to any other baby! She’s been sitting independently since about 5 months. We make sure to do lots of belly time yet cannot maintain quadruped position. I’m just so nervous about her weight and delayed motor skills!!Sad

Edited my original post to add the weight thing that worries me too

As you give more info you are reminding me of my son.
In his case, the extra weight and low muscle tone made it really challenging for him to move around. He started really crawling at 18 months and walking at 23 months and 2 weeks.
He was only approved for P.T. after 12 months as he did start rolling at 10 months and would compensate to get to where he wanted by rolling all over the place.
He is doing great now, still has P.T. but growing in skills every day!!
His comprehension was always above monthly milestones which calmed me down. His mind works, and the global delay is dealt with by providing all the services he needs.
I was so so so anxious about him and invested a tremendous amount of energy in carrying over all the therapies strategies. Looking back I would tell myself to breathe, he will be more than okay and to enjoy him and not focus as much on all he is not doing....
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics