Home

If your bed is not near a wall....??

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:43 pm
And your baby comes in your bed??

Bh my baby has until now been a really good sleeper, never comes into our bed.
But now he has enlarged adenoids and tonsils and it is really bothering him at night, so I dont have a choice.

Neither of our beds are near the wall, they cant be, because of the shape of the room. Unless we would rip out cupboards and restructure the whole room.

I put the 2 beds together and put him in the middle (I am nidda tho TMI )
and also, it means both of us are disturbed by him.

What do you do if this is you?

Any ideas or suggestions please?
I dont want to get a bedguard cos I dont want anything big or bulky sticking out.
Back to top

SuperWify




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:46 pm
I guess there is no way you can put it against a wall for now.

You can try a guard rail.
Back to top

amother




Blue
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:47 pm
To be Clear your baby doesn’t come into your bed. You bring him in.
Back to top

BrisketBoss




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:48 pm
I just put the baby next to me at breast level. I understand this may make some anxious, but co-sleeping is not dangerous if you follow the "Safe Sleep Seven." Cultures where co-sleeping is the norm have low SIDS rates.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:51 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
To be Clear your baby doesn’t come into your bed. You bring him in.


Haha! But whats the difference?

Hes 15 months, I cant sleep with him squashed against me, would looove to have a wall to have a bit of space.

this is not a safety question, its a practical question!
Back to top

amother




Blue
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 5:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Haha! But whats the difference?

Hes 15 months, I cant sleep with him squashed against me, would looove to have a wall to have a bit of space.

this is not a safety question, its a practical question!


The first, if he comes into your bed, makes him sounds like an older child who does so on his own. Important to relay his age to
Clarify (which you now did)
Back to top

amother




Mint
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 6:05 pm
My aunt used a toddler guard rail for many years on her bed.
Back to top

hodeez




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 6:32 pm
Use a guard rail or stuff towels or blankets under the sheets by the edge. You should not be pushing you and your husband's beds together during nidah for this, there are so many alternatives. Rather bring the mattress to the floor!
Back to top

snowflake1




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 6:46 pm
I use a mesh guard rail
Back to top

tigerwife




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 6:53 pm
Take a long billow (like a pool noodle) and place it along the edge of your bed under the sheets. It will act like a bumper.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:45 pm
hodeez wrote:
Use a guard rail or stuff towels or blankets under the sheets by the edge. You should not be pushing you and your husband's beds together during nidah for this, there are so many alternatives. Rather bring the mattress to the floor!


thanks.

Can you explain this more?
not sure I understand.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:46 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Take a long billow (like a pool noodle) and place it along the edge of your bed under the sheets. It will act like a bumper.


what is this called?
and how does it fit under the sheet?
Back to top

amother




Orchid
 

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
what is this called?
and how does it fit under the sheet?


Something like this
https://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-.....r=8-1
It's a small roll, so won't take up much space and would totally fit under the sheet. I think it's a really clever idea.
Back to top

amother




Orchid
 

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:50 pm
Equally, putting a row of pillows under the sheet could also work. Under the sheet means they are less likely to fall off the bed, which is what would happen if I put any pillows at the edge of my bed.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Stainless steel wall art will rust?
by amother
3 Yesterday at 10:38 am View last post
What gedolim pictures do you have hanging on your wall? 31 Sun, Apr 18 2021, 8:02 am View last post
Gedolim wall photos or paintings in Monsey
by amother
2 Sun, Apr 18 2021, 7:36 am View last post
Bed bridge for 2 twin beds
by amother
1 Tue, Apr 13 2021, 8:54 pm View last post
KCI double wall oven?
by yaeliq
1 Mon, Mar 29 2021, 10:32 pm View last post