Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Duck breast and lamb chops- can they be reheated

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Feb 28 2021, 10:32 pm
Can boneless duck breast and/or lamb chops be reheated on a hot plate and still taste good?
Anyone have foolproof recipes for the above?
(Is boneless duck breast still sold in the Jewish groceries?)

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 10:15 am
Bump

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 10:33 am
I’d say it depends on how you like them. We sous vide stuff to a temp we like and basically like it cooked that way. We are careful not to overheat our food because we like it cooked that way. If you like well done, do what you like lol.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 10:39 am
andrea levy wrote:
I’d say it depends on how you like them. We sous vide stuff to a temp we like and basically like it cooked that way. We are careful not to overheat our food because we like it cooked that way. If you like well done, do what you like lol.

We like it to be cooked but not dry.
The hotplate can be used in a way that the food doesn't get crazy hot- I just layer it on top of other pans with other food.

Amarante

Post Fri, Mar 05 2021, 10:37 am
You can theoretically do anything but I wouldn't do it for expensive cuts of meat like duck breast and lamb chops.

Both meats would become tough and dry by being reheated in this manner.

Probably not what you wanted but duck breast salad is delicious. Back in the early days when "California Cuisine" was starting with Ma Maison and Alice Waters, it was a super popular dish. The breast is cooked to a perfection and cooled and then sliced over a gourmet bed of greens and veggies with a succulent dressing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics