Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Buying land in israel

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 10:00 am
Anyone ever heard of the website buyapieceofisrael.com
I think it would be nice to buy some farmland and get the mitzvos related to it. I just want to know if it’s legit and if there is anything to be aware of

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 10:49 am
Anyone?

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 10:51 am
following

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 7:12 am
Ask your LOR if this is actually considered keeping the agricultural mitzvos of E"Y.
(I don't know otherwise, but it would be wise to not make assumptions.)

After looking at their website, it looks legit to me (but you never know).

Assuming that the purchase is registered with the Israeli Land Authorities- I assume it's legally yours.

It looks to me that the business owner is making a lot of money off of this- they basically found a way to fund their next olive orchard and obtain most of the income from the oil produced. I wouldn't look at it as an investment, rather more of a way to own a piece of land in E"Y and possibly keep additional mitzvos.

I don't see the average American being able to set this up on his/her own. It would be too complicated.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 9:22 am
I'm torn between admiring people's love for Israel, even from far away, and thinking that this makes a mockery of the mitzvah.

I have no idea whether the backers are legit, but have no reason not to trust them.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 9:46 am
Many people buy 1 square meter of land before shmitta to not use it. I think it’s through keren hashviis.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 9:50 am
I thought if you buy a house in israel , while you own the house, you don't really own the land. The land belongs to Israel.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 10:13 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I thought if you buy a house in israel , while you own the house, you don't really own the land. The land belongs to Israel.

Yes, more than 90 percent of the land, including agricultural land, belongs to the Israel Land Authority. However, you can buy and sell it in good faith.

(If we're going to be technical, the land belongs to Hashem and was given to us. Smile )

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 08 2021, 1:32 pm
According to the website this is private land (not owned by Israel). And yes, buying the land would be for the mitzvos associated with it and not for the olive oil investment.
Has anyone heard of the Rabbis on the website who endorse it?

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Mar 11 2021, 3:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
According to the website this is private land (not owned by Israel). And yes, buying the land would be for the mitzvos associated with it and not for the olive oil investment.
Has anyone heard of the Rabbis on the website who endorse it?

Yes, R' Zev Leff is the rav of Moshav Mattisyahu.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions