Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Something to temporarily clean dirt till I can wash

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:39 am
Like if my baby spit up on my bed in middle of the night and I can’t wash linen right away, is there something I can spray it with to clean it and get smell out till I’m ready to wash?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:41 am
Maybe Bac-out?

Twinster

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:42 am
Baby wipes.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:45 am
Can you put on a new sheet and leave the dirty one near the washer until you're ready to wash it?
If you get a stain that you need to get out quickly, use Tide to Go tubes (perfect to keep at work). Follow instructions on bottle.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 11:58 am
I have a spray called febreze which is supposed to freshen fabrics and reduce odor.
I usually just place a towel or muslin over the damp patch on the bed. I also like to have several sheets so I can easily switch.
For the baby's crib, I always tuck a muslin around the sheet where the baby's head would be, so I can just change the muslin without having to change the sheet each time. Doesn't always help but it does save the sheet when it's just a little spit up.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 12:01 pm
You can layer two sheets on your bed, so that if your sheet gets dirty in middle of the night, you can take it off, without having to worry about remaking your bed.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 12:02 pm
Twinster wrote:
Baby wipes.

This!
Best thing EVER Smile

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 12:31 pm
It was on my blanket which is a huge to do to change. Don’t always have the energy in middle of the night to change. Once had that it soaked through to the comforter and had to wash everything in middle of the night. Would love to just refresh it till I can do it.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 12:33 pm
I sometimes take a washcloth, wet it with a little soap (any, like handsoap even) and rub it into the stain as a temporary fix till I can wash.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry