Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Help me design living room/dining room

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 2:26 pm
I am knocking a wall down and making a an approximate 400 sqft living room/dining room but there is a staircase in the middle so it is really two different connected rooms.

I am looking for a simple clean modern/contemporary look.

The flooring will either be vinyl tile or ceramic tile. I am waiting for the difference in price from the contractor before I decide but either way I want a dark floor because this is the main living area of my house. I am thinking of a deep brown wood look.

As far as lighting I am doing spots and maybe a chandelier in the dining room. Feel free to post links for a fixture.

What color would you paint the walls. I don't want too light cuz it will get dirty but I want to keep the room bright and airy. I happen to like the contrast look - maybe an accent wall or white panel on bottom and a dark color on top. I am nervous though to have the bottom white.

I currently have a brown leather couch in good condition but would like to add a rug.

My table and chairs that I have are garbage and I will need to buy new ones. I am going to go into Lakewood one day and look at some places there. I am not buying that online but feel free to post links for ideas.

Any other tips or advice is very appreciated. I am not good at designing but can't really afford an interior decorator.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 3:43 pm
for the living room:
[img]
[/img]

something like this - so walls in a warm white/taupe, light rug, light accent chairs, gold or light wood side tables... since you won't have the beams or fireplace bring the wood tones back with some accents - sfarim? toy storage? ...

Another (more edgy) way to go is like this pic

you don't need to do paneling (though I think it is stunning) put paint an accent wall in a similar color and then have all the other pieces very light

dining room:
how formal do you want?
I love something like this (without the rug)
[img]
[/img]
are you looking for more formal or more casual?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics