Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vaccine help for newborn
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 5:59 pm
Hi, im a new mom, and pretty new to this site too so im not sure all the rules of what can be discussed and not. ill preface by saying my mother did vaccinate us but at a delayed schedule

Is there a forum for people who are more natural minded when it comes to vaccines that I could bounce ideas off of and get a more clear idea of what I would like to do?

thank you

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:15 pm
https://danilasher.com/village/ although it's not exclusively Jewish

naomi2

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:18 pm
People here will literally rip you to shreds. I'm sorry about that. You are best off taking you vaccine questions elsewhere where people will be civil and openminded. I'm just trying to save you heartache here. Welcome to imamother:)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:26 pm
naomi2 wrote:
People here will literally rip you to shreds. I'm sorry about that. You are best off taking you vaccine questions elsewhere where people will be civil and openminded. I'm just trying to save you heartache here. Welcome to imamother:)

Lol good to know thats for telling me. I dont really have anyone to ask thats why I thought to post here. What about the natural parenting forum?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:29 pm
The natural parenting forum used to be very supportive and helpful but not in the last 5 years or so. In fact, a rule was instated about 2-3 years ago that vaccination posts can no longer be posted there.
Eventually this forum was opened but as naomi2 said, you will not get much here. I can help you and maybe some others but you'll need to drown out the hundred other indignant posts.

Edited:
whoa! time flies. I now see it was actually 5 years ago that rule waws instated.

challahchallah

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Lol good to know thats for telling me. I dont really have anyone to ask thats why I thought to post here. What about the natural parenting forum?

Vaccine posts are not allowed in the natural parenting forum anymore.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....87118

This is the right place to post if you want to ask here, but you’ll get a range of opinions. Not everyone will endorse skipping or delaying vaccines.

small bean

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:31 pm
People here eill not be kind but I can tell you what I do.

I exclusiveky breastfeed and rely on my immunity until somewhere between 6-9 months. I don't give vaccines thaf I don't understand why they are given or feel are not needed. I don't give vaccines that are less than 15 years old and sufficient data is out there. By the time they are 5, they are pretty much up to date besides hib, flu etc.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:47 pm
Thx everyone.

Unfortunately I am not nursing. I tried so hard but it didnt work for my baby. Shes 6 weeks now. So I cant rely on my baby getting immunity from me.

Im skeptical to vaccinate my baby because of all the ingredients in them. For example why does a baby need a tetanus shot? I thought a person gets tetanus if they step on a rusty nail...? Why would my baby be around rusty nails?

I also don't understand how its safe to overload a newborns baby with all these vaccines so early on

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:48 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
The natural parenting forum used to be very supportive and helpful but not in the last 5 years or so. In fact, a rule was instated about 2-3 years ago that vaccination posts can no longer be posted there.
Eventually this forum was opened but as naomi2 said, you will not get much here. I can help you and maybe some others but you'll need to drown out the hundred other indignant posts.

Edited:
whoa! time flies. I now see it was actually 5 years ago that rule waws instated.

Is there anyway I can private message you?
I dont want to be attacked on this thread

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:49 pm
small bean wrote:
People here eill not be kind but I can tell you what I do.

I exclusiveky breastfeed and rely on my immunity until somewhere between 6-9 months. I don't give vaccines thaf I don't understand why they are given or feel are not needed. I don't give vaccines that are less than 15 years old and sufficient data is out there. By the time they are 5, they are pretty much up to date besides hib, flu etc.

Who’s your kids ped?

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:52 pm
I space my kids vaccines out.

I also do not understand injecting new little babies with various chemicals and such.

I spoke to my doctor and would only allow 1 shot at a time and with only 1 or 2 things in that shot (not loaded with 5 things etc).

Honestly you want to find a doctor that will be understanding and patient and not just do what they want and tell you it’s 1 shot (when it’s really filled with multiple).

Also I do nurse until around 1.5 years so I tend to feel that’s helpful.
Could be harder without nursing. But that shouldn’t make you feel inadequate because your body didn’t produce enough.
Would it even be possible to still nurse 1 or2 times a day and formula feed the rest? And BM would be beneficial

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thx everyone.

Unfortunately I am not nursing. I tried so hard but it didnt work for my baby. Shes 6 weeks now. So I cant rely on my baby getting immunity from me.

Im skeptical to vaccinate my baby because of all the ingredients in them. For example why does a baby need a tetanus shot? I thought a person gets tetanus if they step on a rusty nail...? Why would my baby be around rusty nails?

I also don't understand how its safe to overload a newborns baby with all these vaccines so early on

Because there is no single pertussis shot - just DT and DTaP. And pertussis IS a risk, every year, and especially for babies.

small bean

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:54 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Who’s your kids ped?

Dr. Gittleman

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:55 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:

I also do not understand injecting new little babies with various chemicals and such.

I spoke to my doctor and would only allow 1 shot at a time and with only 1 or 2 things in that shot (not loaded with 5 things etc).

Honestly you want to find a doctor that will be understanding and patient and not just do what they want and tell you it’s 1 shot (when it’s really filled with multiple).

Could be harder without nursing. But that shouldn’t make you feel inadequate because your body didn’t produce enough.
Would it even be possible to still nurse 1 or2 times a day and formula feed the rest? And BM would be beneficial

The more antigens, the less adjuvants are necessary.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:56 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:

Thanks for this info. My supply was adequate, nursing was just extremely painful for me. My baby had a good latch but she was a premie so she always fell asleep, wasnt getting enough, I was always engorged. I made the decision to stop. I do feel inadequate though.

At what appointment do they vaccinate babies? Bc My baby is 6 weeks and they havent mentioned anything to me yet

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 6:57 pm
2 months usually

small bean

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thx everyone.

I beleive the chances of getting any of the diseases we vaccinate for as a baby is really low regardless of breastfeeding or not.

Do what you feel is comfortable.

Just know there are reprecussions for not vaccinating when your kids go to school or have play dates and you need to decide if that's worth it to you. I don't know where you live, but those issues come up earlier than age 5.

In general the likelihood of something happening if you vaccinate or don't are both pretty unlikely. Decide what you want to do and go with it. Don't get to carried away on either side of the debate.

small bean

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:04 pm
Do not feel inadequate for stopping to nurse. It's better to have a well fed happy baby and comfortable mommy, than a baby who's not eating and an uncomfortable mom.

Lots of people have a hard time the first kid and then successfully nurse other kids.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:12 pm
The two month vaccines are important. You don’t want your baby to get pertussis.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:22 pm
The “Vaccine Friendly Plan” is a great book with amazing information. I highly recommend it for a new mom. You can get it on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....58e82
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics