Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vaccine help for newborn
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:39 pm
This site is extremely pro vax. Not sure why. At least have an open mind, people.

OP, listen to your gut. You can always add shots later but you can't undo a shot.

(watch someone nastily reply "not if the baby is dead!" which would be a low blow. that is why I'm saying to listen to your own instinct. Don't be bullied into anything bc you're an insecure new mother.)

Instagram: @justtheinserts provides factual info from gov websites and the actual manufacturer inserts.

Research, educate yourself and make an informed decision. I love how people say "speak to your pediatrician" (ie listen to whatever he says) really, do you think he took more than a day's lecture (if that) when completing his studies 30 years ago? You're perfectly capable of making an informed decision.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 7:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is there anyway I can private message you?
I dont want to be attacked on this thread

I am not comfortable doing that but I can help you on this thread. you will know that it's me by the amother color. Every anonymous poster is assigned a different color and when you see the name of my color, you'll know it's me.
what do you want to know?
I don't vaccinate at all before 2 and I breastfeed until approx that age as well. I skip hib and prevnar. and only do the minimum that's needed for school. I take blood work to check antibody levels to see if a nother dose is necessary.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 8:06 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
I am not comfortable doing that but I can help you on this thread. you will know that it's me by the amother color. Every anonymous poster is assigned a different color and when you see the name of my color, you'll know it's me.
what do you want to know?
I don't vaccinate at all before 2 and I breastfeed until approx that age as well. I skip hib and prevnar. and only do the minimum that's needed for school. I take blood work to check antibody levels to see if a nother dose is necessary.

Im with Goldenrod. She gave great advice.

I will tell you, I got lucky and my pediatrician totally backed me with this. He said the only reason they cluster vaccines is bc they are afraid parents won’t come back so once the parents are in they wham the babies and kids with vaccines!
(I am sad that some vaccines which I don't believe are necessary I have to give my kids in the US to go to school. Think Chickenpox which is a pretty typical childhood illness in England. )
The thread has stayed pretty civil so far but can go downhill .....perhaps I poked the bear...
Loads of Hatzlacha and nachas with your new baby..:

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 8:35 pm
Goldenrod, what is the issue with prevnar? Does it have more side effects than other vaccines?

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 8:55 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
The two month vaccines are important. You don’t want your baby to get pertussis.

Lots of people skip or delay the oh-so-important 2 month vaxes and their babies don't get pertussis. Stop the scare tactics. It's nasty.

I don't start givings vaccines until 2 yrs, and I only give the ones I feel are important enough to be worth the risks involved.

Do your research and don't allow people to scare and bully you, OP.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 8:58 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Goldenrod, what is the issue with prevnar? Does it have more side effects than other vaccines?

not that I'm aware of. one of my concerns is the overload so I try to skip whatever I can. prevnar is not given past age 3 and since I dont start before 2 it's one of those I intentionally don't get to.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 1:36 am
my baby had her 2 month well visit
doctor told me he wont do a delayed schedule, the most he'll accomadate is spacing them out a week.
the nurse was horrible to me too

my baby had the rhoda virus and pediarix (never heard of this one) shots. One was a shot, one was actually a liquid my baby had to drink...
she was so kvtchy after for 3 days straight and hard to put to sleep nicely. had to sleep on me or dh's chest.

now as I said before im not ani vax but I am weary.my aunt told me to cancel all my well visits for the next year and avoid the shots and just take my baby to a chiropracter when necessary

is there a list I can see what vaccines the doctor is going to give my baby at each check up?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 1:41 am
the nurse made a snide comment when I left she said "make sure u come back next week for the second dose." as if I would skip out of town and not bring my baby back... and she kept saying to me "do ur research on the cdc webste. vaccines are perfectly healthy and dont cause autism"

Im actually in the medical field myself and do not believe they cause autism at all she made me feel like a 5 year old

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 1:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
my baby had her 2 month well visit
doctor told me he wont do a delayed schedule, the most he'll accomadate is spacing them out a week.
the nurse was horrible to me too

my baby had the rhoda virus and pediarix (never heard of this one) shots. One was a shot, one was actually a liquid my baby had to drink...
she was so kvtchy after for 3 days straight and hard to put to sleep nicely. had to sleep on me or dh's chest.

now as I said before im not ani vax but I am weary.my aunt told me to cancel all my well visits for the next year and avoid the shots and just take my baby to a chiropracter when necessary

is there a list I can see what vaccines the doctor is going to give my baby at each check up?

Your aunt is wise. Listen to your aunt. Listen to your poor baby who was in pain.
I would leave a practice with such a nasty nurse. Make decisions from empowerment not fear or shame. Calm the office and ask for the list of shots. If they can't be nice to you, take your business elsewhere. Despite what they'll have you think, YOU are the employer paying them money! Fire a doctor you don't like!

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 1:54 am
Oh my, I am so sorry you had that experience OP!

You know your baby best. Trust your gut. Your childs dr is hired by YOU. You can hire them and fire them too! They cannot!!! force you to do anything. If you think waiting is a good idea, give yourself the time.

I recommend you learn about the reason for giving each vaccine, how to treat the 'vaccine preventable' diseases and side effects from the vaccines and how they effect the immune system in general, not just in terms of immunity.

There are much safer ways to keep a healthy immune system and many ways to fight off diseases that way. Your doctor should NOT be bullying you into this. You are allowed to say things like: No thank you, We are giving it more time, lets discuss this next time etc etc. Just keep pushing it off.
YOu can always decide to give them later, you cannot undo a vaccine. There are some detoxes bt cannot undo it completely.

There are many great books out there. Try this one for starters..

Good luck! Im not on Imamother much. Random pop in - Hashgacha Pratis.

https://amzn.to/39aB7vS

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 1:55 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Your aunt is wise. Listen to your aunt. Listen to your poor baby who was in pain.
I would leave a practice with such a nasty nurse. Make decisions from empowerment not fear or shame. Calm the office and ask for the list of shots. If they can't be nice to you, take your business elsewhere. Despite what they'll have you think, YOU are the employer paying them money! Fire a doctor you don't like!

Thanks for replying. I checked out those instagrams you sent me.
I have all this information in my head but whenever people put me on the spot why I don't want to vaccinate certain ones I go blank and they look at me like an idiot. Wish I had more confidence.

I doubt Ill find a doctor who will be more holistic. My doctor as a baby retired but he was very old schooled. Wish I could find someone like him.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 1:56 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:

This! 100%
Where are you located? Its not ok to be disrespected by the Dr. office for bringing business to them. They ARE a business and need to respect their customers. Perhaps we can help you find another ped.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 1:57 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
This! 100%
Where are you located? Its not ok to be disrespected by the Dr. office for bringing business to them. They ARE a business and need to respect their customers. Perhaps we can help you find another ped.

Thanks. I live in queens

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 1:57 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Oh my, I am so sorry you had that experience OP!

You know your baby best. Trust your gut. Your childs dr is hired by YOU. You can hire them and fire them too! They cannot!!! force you to do anything. If you think waiting is a good idea, give yourself the time.

I recommend you learn about the reason for giving each vaccine, how to treat the 'vaccine preventable' diseases and side effects from the vaccines and how they effect the immune system in general, not just in terms of immunity.

There are much safer ways to keep a healthy immune system and many ways to fight off diseases that way. Your doctor should NOT be bullying you into this. You are allowed to say things like: No thank you, We are giving it more time, lets discuss this next time etc etc. Just keep pushing it off.
YOu can always decide to give them later, you cannot undo a vaccine. There are some detoxes bt cannot undo it completely.

There are many great books out there. Try this one for starters..

Good luck! Im not on Imamother much. Random pop in - Hashgacha Pratis.

https://amzn.to/39aB7vS

link isnt working but I want to order to get in time for pesach! whats the title of the book?

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 2:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for replying. I checked out those instagrams you sent me.
I have all this information in my head but whenever people put me on the spot why I don't want to vaccinate certain ones I go blank and they look at me like an idiot. Wish I had more confidence.

I doubt Ill find a doctor who will be more holistic. My doctor as a baby retired but he was very old schooled. Wish I could find someone like him.

So about this:
1) Baby is healthy - why the well visit? If there is a concern for height and weight, usually a walk in appt is 1,2,3 and its charted. Personally, we go to dr when need something diagnosed and then treat naturally. With time and some great groups, we learned so many ways to figure things out on our own and take care of things ourselves and its been a great service to us.

2) Why do people need to know your kids vaccination status? Private information. My answers if I answer: They have what they need (bc they do. they dont need any). They are allergic (They are, really. Either way, why would someone question if they werent?)

I dont vaccinate by choice + my kids are allergic. However, I dont rely on other to protect us. That answer is rediculous. I need to figure out how to protect my kids if they cant get the vaccines and false reliance on others is a hoax, they wont take responsibility if somehting happens - that is on me.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 2:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
link isnt working but I want to order to get in time for pesach! whats the title of the book?

"Dissolving Illusions, by Suzanne Humphries"

There are many more. This is a great one to start with.

Another good one and reasonable price:
"
How to raise a Healthy Child In Spite of Your Dr"

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 2:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. I live in queens

Aha. Im in Brooklyn so unfortunately dont know how to help you over there. I hope someone here can chime in! I can help you in Brooklyn if travelling is an option for you.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 2:15 am
m.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 2:17 am
m.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Mar 24 2021, 2:30 am
Hey OP, I am so so so sorry your child's doctor and nurse were nasty to you - that shouldn't happen!

Regardless of what you decide to do with vaccines, you need to feel comfortable with the care your child receives. It would be one thing if you weren't on the same page about shots, but to make you feel uncomfortable and defensive? That's a hard NO for me. Little ones have all sorts of things come up over the years and you need to feel comfortable bringing up all sorts of things - both big and small - with your doctor.

Is your office a group practice? Can you try a different doctor there? I know at my child's practice I eventually found that one doctor wasn't a good fit for us, but the rest were great, so I made sure not to schedule appointments with that particular one (I didn't phrase it that way to the staff, I just claimed scheduling issues or wanting to follow up with the same doctor at the next visit).

You mentioned your old pediatrician - if you reach out to that office you may find out that your former doctor trained his replacements or selected them because they matched with his worldview. Might be worth a try.

As far as Queens' doctors - I recommend Dr Levine in KGH. It won't help you with the vaccine piece (sorry) but he's always been great about answering questions (including about why certain shots are needed) and being informative and supportive about issues that come up with the kids. He's also a developmental pediatrician, in case you need one since your little one's a premie. Dr Green-Mayer in that practice is fantastic too - soooo good with the kids.

Good luck! BTW, if your doctor or obstetrician is more in line with your school of thought, you can also try asking them for recommendations.

(PS - yes, this site can get argumentative re vaccines, but I hope you don't run into too much of that. If you do, take a deep breath and know that everyone is just doing the best that they can and trying to push for what they think is healthiest for kids. But, LOL, we won't all agree! (shrug) Nu, so what else is new? And I'm saying this as a pro-vax mom!)
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics