Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Is the second father in bonei olam's vezakeini jewish?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:14 pm

his name is ben pellin, is he even jewish?

cnc

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:24 pm
Huh? What would make you think that he’s not? He looks Jewish and has a very Jewish name .

Blessing1

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:25 pm
Why would you think he's not Jewish? He's probably related to Mendy Pellin.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:27 pm
Didn't look jewish so I thought maybe they hired an actor, not necesarily jewish one

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Didn't look jewish so I thought maybe they hired an actor, not necesarily jewish one

How does one “look jewish”? Asking for a friend...

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:40 pm
He looks like half the men around me. What doesn't look jewish exactly?

penguin

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:44 pm
Considering that Mendy Pellin is listed as one of the directors...

What I was wondering if the boys from the choir were all born with the help of Bonei Olam, but I guess not ... just that they have them singing surrounded by those pictures of babies (who presumably were, born with the help etc...)

Fave

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:47 pm
Off topic, but OP thanks for sharing this clip. It’s really beautiful and touching.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 9:49 pm
penguin wrote:

What I was wondering if the boys from the choir were all born with the help of Bonei Olam, but I guess not ... just that they have them singing surrounded by those pictures of babies (who presumably were, born with the help etc...)

Neither the actors, boys or babies are necessarily beneficiaries of Bonei Olam.

PeanutMama

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 10:28 pm
Fave wrote:
Off topic, but OP thanks for sharing this clip. It’s really beautiful and touching.

I love the part when the boys start singing. I tear up every time!!

MySpace

Post Mon, Mar 01 2021, 10:28 pm
I think they're trying to depict that all 'types' of jews benefit from Bonei olam. There are many differences between the two couples...

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:04 am
Nice video! Looks Jewish to me. My husband looks very similar. Wears a sweater over his white shirt on Shabbos, similar hairstyle. You are being sidetracked by stylistic things like clothes and hair.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:15 am
I really don't like these videos. I also don't like the lyrics or the singing. I don't understand why they can't up the quality. However, it is a nice organization.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:25 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I really don't like these videos. I also don't like the lyrics or the singing. I don't understand why they can't up the quality. However, it is a nice organization.

I thought this was stunning. Beautiful job.

Rappel

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 7:34 am
MySpace wrote:
I think they're trying to depict that all 'types' of jews benefit from Bonei olam. There are many differences between the two couples...

I thought he was single. Does he have a wife in the video? I just saw him sitting alone with one candle. It was so sad I was bawling.

watergirl

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Please realize, Jews have many different "looks" and "types" and also different names. Some of us are geirim and do not have what you would consider a "Jewish look". Some of us are baalei teshuvah and for one reason or another decided to continue to use our english names.

Please accept this invitation to broaden your mind and view as to what a Jew looks like. We are a beautiful and stunning tapestry of Hashem's chosen people.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:16 am
Watch Devorah schwartz and Brach's Jaffe singing it...just can't compare, not to mention strange to hear a man sing "will I ever be a mother etc...", No you will never be a mother because you are male Smile

watergirl

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:20 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Watch Devorah schwartz and Brach's Jaffe singing it...just can't compare, not to mention strange to hear a man sing "will I ever be a mother etc...", No you will never be a mother because you are male Smile

Can you link please?

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:24 am
Rappel wrote:
I thought he was single. Does he have a wife in the video? I just saw him sitting alone with one candle. It was so sad I was bawling.

I think the woman with the white siddur is supposed to be his wife.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:26 am
watergirl wrote:
Can you link please?

https://youtu.be/2zjQKquXe_Q
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics